Who else struggles with this?

Options
So I turned 29 a few months back but before I did I use to have no problem waking up at 5am going to work out, getting through the work day, then coming home and even doing some sort of work out again. Now even though its bright outside when I wake up all I want to do is sleep in, when my alarm goes off at 5 there is no way I feel like I can get out of bed. This literally just seemed to happen over night. I even have a hard time waking up at 6 and feel like I am slowly losing my motivation again.

Anyone else feel tired like this?

Replies

• fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That's happened to me too, but I'm 49. I don't think it's an age thing. Have you changed your worout routine? Are you working harder? Maybe your body is just requiring more rest right now and will adjust. I sometimes just have to make myself get out of that bed. It's really hard, though.
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Oh great! I turn 29 in 4 months, thanks for the heads up, no more spring chicken for me soon then!!!!!
  • RLB178
    RLB178 Posts: 8
    Options
    I did change my workouts and do feel like I am working way harder. I was working out in the morning (weights), on my lunch break (run) and even sometimes in the evening (bike ride/run). I may have pushed my body into to much?? Hopefully that was it. I really like the early work outs, especially with the sun being up now......
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    So I turned 29 a few months back but before I did I use to have no problem waking up at 5am going to work out, getting through the work day, then coming home and even doing some sort of work out again. Now even though its bright outside when I wake up all I want to do is sleep in, when my alarm goes off at 5 there is no way I feel like I can get out of bed. This literally just seemed to happen over night. I even have a hard time waking up at 6 and feel like I am slowly losing my motivation again.

Anyone else feel tired like this?

I don't think it has to do with your birthday. ;)

If you have allergies, you will be more tired overall while the spring pollen is flying around.

If you've been overtraining, that will also do it.

Sometimes cutting back calories will make you more tired, especially if you created a drastic deficit.

Any chance you are getting sick?

Even though this last one seems silly, did you stasrt going to bed earlier when you started getting up earlier to work out? If not, it catches up with you eventually.
  • RLB178
    RLB178 Posts: 8
    Options
    Actually all of this makes pretty good sense, thanks all!
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If you are losing weight and continuing to workout, you may be increasing your workouts because you see yourself getting into shape. Just because you are losing weight doesn't mean you should intensify your workouts right away. Trying eating more proteins before you workout and lots of water throughout the day. Until then, maybe cut back a bit on your routine until you get used to it. Don't try to overwork your body or you will just end up feeling tired all the time!
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am 21 and I feel like I have this issue! What will it be like when I am 29 then...great!
  • BobertC
    BobertC Posts: 123
    Options
    I have some mornings like this. usually on the days that I am lazy the day before. but I know that what you eat makes a big diffrence.