Pizza Express - Calorie info?

Options
Hi guys!

Thinking of taking my family to Pizza Express for Father's Day, and whilst I always get the Leggera pizza, I'm thinking it'd be nice to get a celebratory dessert and whatnot. In the past I've tried the Leggera Sorbets, but I was thinking of the Tiramisu this time. Now when I check on MFP, one of the entries is something like 500/600 calories, but on their new calorie information menu, it's around 242. Should I assume this discrepancy is because they're using a "new recipe" (although this sounds pretty low cal for a tiramisu!) or should I be suspicious of Pizza Express' calorie information?!

Thank you for any help!

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    I would go with their information over an MFP entry, provided that you are looking at the right serving size and item.
  • askandtheanswer
    askandtheanswer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ah thank you, that's sound advice...Although, I just downloaded the app for the restaurant and checked the nutritional info, and somehow it's now around 500 calories too?! Don't know whether to just be safe and go for the dolcetti or trust the nutritional information on the website over the app?
  • whirlygig60
    whirlygig60 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sounds like maybe the 242 entry is for 1/2 serving? Does it say?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    http://www.pizzaexpress.com/uploads/documents/calorie.pdf

I would use Pizza express info 100%.
  • askandtheanswer
    Options

All the info is here: http://www.pizzaexpress.com/uploads/documents/calorie.pdf
    On the other entries, I'm pretty sure that it says per serving, meaning the entire dish? Their leggera pizza is under 500 calories for the whole pizza, and that's what's on the pdf...so I assumed it meant the whole dish!
  • askandtheanswer
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »

Ah okay, so the new recipe on the website, rather than the app?

(P.S. Thank you all for your help!!)
  • barbecuesauce
    Options

On the other entries, I'm pretty sure that it says per serving, meaning the entire dish? Their leggera pizza is under 500 calories for the whole pizza, and that's what's on the pdf...so I assumed it meant the whole dish!

Well, the tiramisu says "new" on the menu, and the date on the calorie document is 3.24.15, so I'd say the 242 is right.
  • barbecuesauce
    Options

Look at the date of the info on the app, if you can.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options

I would say its for the whole serving.
    I wouldn't worry too much to be honest, enjoying your day with your dad is the main thing.
    In the future, you won't be able to (my dad lives in France so I wont get to spend the day with him).

• askandtheanswer
    Options

Look at the date of the info on the app, if you can.

Aha, app says December 2014! I'll assume you + Pizza Express website are right, 242 for a serving. Thank you! :smiley:
  • askandtheanswer
    Options
    Chezzie84 wrote: »

I would say its for the whole serving.
    I wouldn't worry too much to be honest, enjoying your day with your dad is the main thing.
    In the future, you won't be able to (my dad lives in France so I wont get to spend the day with him).

I think I agree, thanks for the help.
    Yeah you're right! I'll factor a bit of indulgence in for the meal, make it a nice occasion. Thank you for the advice, and I'm so sorry you don't get to spend the day with your dad! I'm sure he knows how much you love/appreciate him although you can't be there with him on the day <3:)