How much do you burn a day exercising and how much do you nett at?

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    92 pounds. Under eating.....looks about 16... red flags galore here. Sorry.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    What do you use to measure that 600 calorie burn? Seems awfully high.

This... at 93lbs I doubt you are buring that much. It's hard for me to do that and I have 30lbs on you.

BUT... unless you are like 4'7" you shouldn't lose any more weight.... hit the weights instead!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

That's what I was thinking.

Adding this in: myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1575987-eating-disorder-resources
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    uhhhhhh....fit and toned people actually eat...a lot. you're netting 600 calories per day...you're not even providing your body with adequate energy for basic functions. Set your goal to maintenance and eat accordingly...and get into the weight room

@cwolfman13

You reminded me of this quote that was posted in the around the gym a couple weeks ago.
    Athletes-eat-and-train-they-don%E2%80%99t-diet-and-exercise-quote-myfitstation.jpg

NICE!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options

Yikes. She's lost another 18lbs since that post.
  • blue2264
    blue2264 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Agreed!
  • kirzz92
    kirzz92 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    Sorry this response is so delayed...

Let me go into a bit more details.
    I am extremely short 4"11.. and I'm 23 years old. Lol (def not 16)

I was overweight beginning of last year and then something traumatic happened in my life and I went into awful depression, that's when I lost so much weight.
    I'm not trying to lose any more weight, just build some muscle..
    After such a tough year last year and struggling to eat due to no appetite, it's tough for me to force myself to get through the 1200 calories... but I've been pushing, it's not me being funny..

I don't eat back my calories and I'm pretty sure my calories burnt is accurate. I use a heart rate monitor... I do one hour cardio and one hour weights 5x per week.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Skip the cardio and try to eat more!
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    kirzz92 wrote: »
    Hi guys!

I was overweight beginning of last year and then something traumatic happened in my life and I went into awful depression, that's when I lost so much weight.
    After such a tough year last year and struggling to eat due to no appetite, it's tough for me to force myself to get through the 1200 calories... but I've been pushing, it's not me being funny..

I don't eat back my calories and I'm pretty sure my calories burnt is accurate. I use a heart rate monitor... I do one hour cardio and one hour weights 5x per week.

If you struggle to eat more, maybe ditch the cardio for a while. Add in more foods that are high calorie but low volume e.g. olive oil, peanut butter, full fat dairy.
  • kirzz92
    kirzz92 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys ♡♡
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I burn about 500 calories with exercise five days a week. I really doubt someone can burn 600 calories with exercise while only eating 1200 calories. I expect the 600 is incorrect.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I burn about 500 calories with exercise five days a week. I really doubt someone can burn 600 calories with exercise while only eating 1200 calories. I expect the 600 is incorrect.

i burn up to 800 an hour doing cardio at the gym via my hrm, it can be done if you keep your heart rate high
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    i think you do need to eat all your exericse calsthough
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Not only all your exercise calories, but more than 1200. You need a calorie surplus to gain muscle.
  • chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

i burn up to 800 an hour doing cardio at the gym via my hrm, it can be done if you keep your heart rate high

I'm sure it's possible, but OP weighs 92lb.

I don't even burn 600 in an hour at the gym(I never use MFP estimates because of how inflated they are), maybe 400(jogging on treadmill)? And I'm 205lb.

ETA: Definitely bump your calories up to maintenance. I would suggest a training program for muscle definition, but you REALLY need to eat more. I hear NROLFW and Stronglifts 5x5, but look into some programs, see what works for you!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

For the OP to net 600 calories from cardio requires a run of over 10 miles. HRMs count heart beats, not calories.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    kirzz92 wrote: »
    Hi guys!

Your exercise burns at your weight and that kind of exercise are overinflated

At 160lb (at maintenance by the way) it would take me 84 minutes of intense cardio (HR at 150) to burn 600 calories

Don't use a HRM to measure calorie burned during weights ...it will not be anywhere near appropriate
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You need to eat back some exercise calories, to net cals of 600 is just not healthy. If you find it hard to eat, choose a few calorie dense foods. I always eat back 50-75% of my exercise cals.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options

Well, if you go by my HRM, I burn 1,300 with exercise five days a week. But HRMs rely on the same tables as MFP to determine how many calories you burn. I think my height throws them off. So, instead, I use the physics calculations for energy expended while riding a bicycle. I have more confidence in that, because even though there are some differences in efficiency between people, pushing a mass around on wheels is a relatively easy thing to calculate the energy for. It also matches what I expect based on my weight loss totals. I don't find 800 an hour doing cardio at the gym to be believable.