Can you recommend a healthy yet yummy salad dressing?

Options

Replies

• virgo1978
    virgo1978 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Target's Market Pantry Red Wine Vinegrette and Paul Newman's Own Lighten Up! Light Lime Vinegrette. Both are really low in calories and taste great! I like the creamy dressings too. :) These ones are my favorites for summer though.
  • jfox625
    jfox625 Posts: 8
    Options
    truthfully you have to get your fat from somewhere and I most of the time use regular salad dressing. I carefully measure it. I sometimes will do a light dressing. I like Ken's light sweet vidalia onion.
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    Hendrickson's Sweet Vinegar and Olive Oil. Yum. I put it on Cucumber salad, salad, chicken, pasta, etc. :heart:
  • sandrichelle
    Options
    I never cared for any light or fat free dressing. I would rather do 1/2 the serving of a nice, real blue cheese and mix in a tbspoon fat free milk to make it cover. I had wishbones power fruit vinegarette today....and that was yummy!!
  • orenjisoda
    orenjisoda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Marzetti Light Balsamic Vinaigarette - 50 cals per serving

or my all-time fave

Newman's Own Lighten Up! Sesame Ginger - 35 cals per serving
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I have grown accustomed to just balsamic vinegar and red pepper flakes. It's especially good on spinach salad. If I want to pretend it's creamy, I mix balsamic with dijon mustard and thin it out with water a bit.

Thankfully I like the taste of my veggies, otherwise I don't think these dressings would really cut it :wink:
  • tusher2011
    tusher2011 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! off to the store:)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Kraft has a lite ranch that taste fine to me. i think it is 25 calories. Or you could try cucumber dressing it is creamy. I toss just greens with the cucumber and add dried dill all over. I love Italian dressing myself. i just buy the lite stuff and put it on everything.
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My husband and I ran across this one in one of our cookbooks. If you like a hint of lime, this was soooooo yummy.

Honey Lime Dressing

Plain Yogurt, 0.33 cup
    Sour Cream, 5.28 tbsp
    Honey, 2 tbsp
    Fresh Lime Zest, 1.5 tsp
    Lime juice - 0.04 cup
    Salt, 0.25 tsp
    Pepper, black, 0.25 tsp

I copied out of my recipes so sorry for some of the odd numbers. Can convert at cooks.com

Best of luck
    Angela

oops..here are the numbers we got for 2 TBLS a serving. The hubby was also wanting low sodium

Per Serving: (cal) 45 (protein)1 (fat)1 (fiber) 0 (sodium) 114 (carbs) 8
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Newmans Own Light Balsamic is 45 for 2tbsp
    Newmans Own Sesame Ginger is only 35 for 2tbsp
    Newmans Own Rasberry Walnut is 70 for 2tbsp

Good line of dressings. Good luck!
  • annadilynn
    annadilynn Posts: 84
    Options
    oh you can have creamy!...Hidden Valley Ranch Fat free only 30 calories for 2 Tablespoons...i actually only use one tablespoon and add a tablespoon of water to it to make it not gloppy so it gets all over the salad...works awesome for 15 calories :0)
  • MRJ2di
    MRJ2di Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms Olive Oil Vinaigrette and Creamy Yogurt types. Lots of choices in both categories.
    Ken's Light Dressings has many good ones.
    Annie's Naturals are fantastic and claim to be organic.
  • chantel14
    chantel14 Posts: 128
    Options
    fat free italian dressing tastes JUST like the original. like seriously you could blind fold yourself and do a taste test and never be able to tell the difference.
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I HATE most light/fat free dressings.......
    So I've taken to putting 1 1/2 T ranch into a small container and adding water... 1-3 T.. Try it...

Also I LOVE LOVE LOVE Wholly Guacamole!
  • adougherty10
    Options
    I like pretty much any "Newman's Own" dressings (or salsas, pasta sauces, etc, etc)
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    I like Naturally Fresh Raspberry Vinaigrette
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    bump...i would like to read this later..

My personal favorite:
    Kraft Light Creamy Caesar ...low cals, very tasty! VERY TASTY!
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Kraft calorie wise Catalina - heaven in a bottle! :)
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I had a chicken salad tonight and used Greek yogurt with hot sauce mixed in as my dressing.
  • punkindoesit
    punkindoesit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ken's Light Raspberry Walnut Vinegrette is AWESOME!!!!! It's low in calories etc... too.