'coming out' on weight....actual weight and photo's....admitting this is how big I've become

Options
tanny684
tanny684 Posts: 196 Member
edited June 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone :)
izmw4quxt3jq.jpg
fwru9bvdws5q.jpg

I'm Tanya. I've been on MFP while but never introduced myself or was active on the boards. I've usually lied about my weight and not let anyone see photo's of me in order to hide to others (and more importantly, myself) that i have a real weight issue. So this is me, coming out! Facing my issue and also declaring it to the world. This is me now.

I'm 5ft 7 and a whopping 220lbs. I hope to lose between 60-80lbs.

Hopefully soon i will be posting new pics of me.....with much less of me!

[edited by MFP Mods]

Replies

• Deannjay
    Deannjay Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I find that it's so freeing to just own your weight. But girl you dont even look 220. You're proportioned well and have a really nice shape and curves. Good luck to you on your journey to become fit. You can do this!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    You seriously look incredible
  • tanny684
    Options
    Deannjay wrote: »
    Good for you. I find that it's so freeing to just own your weight. But girl you dont even look 220. You're proportioned well and have a really nice shape and curves. Good luck to you on your journey to become fit. You can do this!

Thankyou so much, that is so nice of you. I was actually really embarassed about the first pic because you can see how big my belly is but admitting it is the first step to seeing I have w problem and fixing it. Thanks again :)
  • tanny684
    Options
    alykief wrote: »
    You seriously look incredible

Thankyou, thats really nice of you to say
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you're 220! You look great. I was 220 after my 2nd baby and looked like a whale.

I'm sure you will lose those lbs and look even more amazing!
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good luck with your goals!

[edited by MFP Mods]
  • KCMission
    KCMission Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ this
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm sure your coming out will be appreciated by many
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

This. And yes, good luck.

[edited by MFP Mods]
  • tanny684
    edited June 2015
    Options

It's difficult to explain why I decided to post this, but for example I don't have facebook because I won't post photo's of myself anywhere (and people wouldn't inevitably ask for them). I usually get palpitations when thinking that people may have taken a photo of me when I'm out etc and I thought about it and realised the reason why is because seeing myself in a photo is seeing my size in reality. I do not look like I do in photo's in my head. In my head I'm still the same size I was a few years ago, and the rare photos I do
    Show to people are face only and never full body shots. So this is my way of admitting to the world I am very overweight.....and to myself. Realising and accepting it I feel will give me the motivation to stop eating muffins when I visualise what I actually look like in reality. As I said hard to understand without knowing me but that's it in a nutshell.

[edited by MFP Mods]
  • LLduds
    LLduds Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Best of luck with your health and fitness goals :)

[edited by MFP Mods]
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I will wish OP best of luck and not post childish gifs.
    mKTGwc3.gif
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    So, I don't think you need to lose any weight. I think you look gorgeous how you are. I look more like a potato so you are lucky to show off your curves!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You are stunning and are going to be a knockout when you get to your goal weight!
  • bcschulz
    bcschulz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Log everything in MFP and stick to your diet. You can reach your goal.
  • Foxxy18
    Foxxy18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Holy wow!! You look fantastic!! Wish I carried my weight that well, but I guess that's why I'm here haha
  • moonstonemel
    moonstonemel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started on here and I weigh 220 also. I'm only 5'5" though, so look fatter than you. You look great to me. I am trying to lose 80 pounds also. Id love some support as I have none in my "real life".
  • karibeargirl
    karibeargirl Posts: 249 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ok you are 220

and yes you need to lose a few

aside from that dont be ashamed

you are a very gorgeaous young lady and you dress to your size and have nice taste in clothes.

FYI you are gorgeous.

Work on your confidence as part of this journey too.

Totes agree!
    Confidence is what makes a woman Sexy!!

[edited by MFP Mods]
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Sass-ay!! That's what I thought when I saw pic 1 hehe. Good luck on all your goals!