10 lbs finaly!!

Options
I now its not much but hey i've worked so hard :D.

Ive been having an extremly hard time losing more then 9 lbs. For a months i wouldd gain and lose the same pound and was ready to give up. I am now 10.5lbs down thanks to the great advice given to me on my post, my fat is just melting off :P. I was 158 and i am now 147.5 and sooo proud. Im now 0.3% body fat away from a healthy weight and i cant wait to lose it.

I just want to say, we dont have to lose 40lbs for us to be proud of what we accomplished.

Replies

• Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Great job! I recently hit the the 10 lb loss mark as well and it does feel great.
  • o0candiii0o
    o0candiii0o Posts: 17
    Options
    Yay congrats! I hit the 10 mark lb myself the other day (similar stats, 155 - 145). Its such a GREAT feeling!! :D
  • mbastian
    mbastian Posts: 16
    Options
    Awesome job! 10 pounds is a huge achievement and worth celebrating. Can you share what the advice was that helped you? If it isn't personal, of course!

Congrats again!
    Michelle
  • karennykamp
    karennykamp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yeah anybody that losers 10 # is a winner in my book
  • carobert95
    carobert95 Posts: 26
    Options
    Awesome job! 10 pounds is a huge achievement and worth celebrating. Can you share what the advice was that helped you? If it isn't personal, of course!

Congrats again!
    Michelle

Sure thing. They said to eat lots of lean protein and low carbs. i think the biggiest thing that helped me was to eat more. Eat my exercise cals and I changed my goal of losing 1.5lbs per week to 1 lbs per week.
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I know.... I'm teetering on the 10 lb mark myself. Go pick up a 10 lb or two 5 lb hand weights, really makes you realize how much that actually is. Doesn't always look like that much in the whole scheme of things (to me, anyway), but it's a good bit of weight!
  • dcashin90
    dcashin90 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats. It is a wonderful feeling.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    congrats a job well done
  • Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have just made sure I eat five meals a day and eat back as much of my exercise calories that I can. I also, make sure I never miss and cardio session, I try to get 30 minutes at least in every day. I try to drink all the water I need and don't eat any carbs except green leafy veggies after 5pm.
  • kew852000
    kew852000 Posts: 2
    Options
    That is great - good job!! A way to make the low carb/lean protein structure easier is to do the 17 day diet. I've been doing it for 14 days and have lost 9 pounds. I had the same problem - couldn't lose the 10 pounds I wanted but I am almost there. I had just about given up and now have made a new goal of a 15 pound total loss - 6 more to go!
  • ANewMe18
    ANewMe18 Posts: 2
    Options
    What is the 17 day diet?
  • deenie169
    deenie169 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That is just fantastic! I am very happy that you have gotten over the double digit mark! If you acknowledge your achievements, it fuels willingness to STAY IN IT!:wink:
    Keep Rockin'!
  • sparkle327
    sparkle327 Posts: 98
    Options
    Congrats!!! This post really motivated me tonight to keep going. I have similar stats. It has taken a lot of hard work to lose just 5 lbs. I am going to keep pressing on!
  • kew852000
    kew852000 Posts: 2
    Options
    The 17 day diet is a lean protein/low carb diet that goes in 4 cycles for 17 days at a time. You can do the first cycle and if you meet your goal weight then move straight into the 4th cycle (maintenance) depending on how much you have to lose. If you have more to lose, you do 3 17 day cycles then move into the 4th. If you google it you will see lots of info on it. Book is sold on Amazon. The nice thing about the diet is you can have low sugar yogurt and two servings of low sugar fruit daily, plus unlimited amounts of low sugar veggies and protein. The first 5 days were hard getting used to no sugar or bread, but once you start losing the weight you get motivated. Each cycle allows you to introduce approved carbs such as sweet potatoes, grains etc but you can't have that on the first cycle. I highly recommend it - it's worked great for me
  • biellas
    biellas Posts: 39
    Options
    Congratulations! I know just how you feel. I, too, am 5'4" and started off at 153 lbs. I kept stalling at 6 lbs loss but the scale has finally started moving a few weeks ago. Granted I haven't been consistent about logging my food; I tend to look at what I normally eat and just cut it in half. I'm around 142 but really want to get to 139 in the next two weeks to help boost my motivation.

Keep up the awesome work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!