Here we go!!!

Options
deenie169
deenie169 Posts: 22 Member
I've been on MFP for just a few weeks, and am a little spotty about tracking EVERYTHING, but I'm getting in the habit of doing it. I'm glad to read all the posts about people's progress and challenges.

It doesn't matter what size I am, what matters is that I "feed the machine." I am training for my third marathon...i have put on the weight I lost during training and it's not muscle, believe me. So, I'm back into training mode and trying to be aware of what I'm putting on my plate and into my mouth.

I was always pretty thin and then my metabolism went into a low gear in my mid-30s. Running is a good way for me to keep active and it's good for my mental state, too. It's easy for people to say "OH, but you're thin! you don't need to keep track of what you eat!" But, i know what i look like when I'm getting dressed and how uncomfortable and humiliating it is to have to set aside the four skirts I've tried on in a morning because I can't zip them up.

So, here we go. Another training season that will be, hopefully, at least as good for my BMI as it is for my attitude.
I wish YOU success and joy along the path, whatever your path is.

~deenie

Replies

• shanell411
    shanell411 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! I am trying not to look at weight loss as BMI, Weight, Size I am trying to look at it about feeling good and of course looking good! But remembering that healthy eating and exercise is a way of life. Good Luck on your journey!