Looking for tips for diet help!

Options
hi guys I am a 5'10 female. I am looking for tips for diet. I am really picky and looking to tone up, I am 132.6 looking to hit 125 ish lbs. my diet is extremely difficult for me to get perfected. What do you guys like to eat that's easy for one person to make quickly? Cooking for one is so difficult. Focusing more on protein & carbs.

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    125 lbs when you are 5'10" would put you at a bmi of 17.9 which is under weight. Not a safe goal.
  • jaketaylor1391
    jaketaylor1391 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It doesnt sound like you need to lose weight but ill still give you my personal advice that works for me (May or may not apply). It sounds like you are already slim so focus on a 40% carb 20% fat and 40% protein diet. Thats just what i follow and its generally used by alot of body builders in the fitness community. I would recommend trying those macros and if its not working experiment with it because everybody processes foods differently and only you know your body. Easy foods to hit those macros would be low fat chicken, brown rice, lean beef, asparagus, eggwhites, special k cereal, tilapia and whole bread. also grab alot of seasonings like onion powder, everyday seasoning, garlic salt etc. because not all of these foods taste great.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It doesnt sound like you need to lose weight but ill still give you my personal advice that works for me (May or may not apply). It sounds like you are already slim so focus on a 40% carb 20% fat and 40% protein diet. Thats just what i follow and its generally used by alot of body builders in the fitness community. I would recommend trying those macros and if its not working experiment with it because everybody processes foods differently and only you know your body. Easy foods to hit those macros would be low fat chicken, brown rice, lean beef, asparagus, eggwhites, special k cereal, tilapia and whole bread. also grab alot of seasonings like onion powder, everyday seasoning, garlic salt etc. because not all of these foods taste great.

Eating food you don't like the taste of doesn't sound like a very sustainable lifestyle? Why would you do that?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ^^Don't answer that! You're being baited into a fight.

Cooking for one is terribly hard! So, cook for two, tree or four and then freeze or eat leftovers.

Try fruits and veggies. If you don't totally hate a veggie, make it different ways until you find one you like. Most people like them roasted, but adding things like spices and other veggies makes a huge difference, too.

There are so many recipes! Visit a library and flip through some cookbooks. Lots of authors put a recipe or two online to promote their books and they usually pick good ones. Food network has recipes on their site.

You learn to cook buy doing it. You learn what you like by experimenting.

When I'm in a rush, I just eat whatever I have on hand. I'm not sure what you meant by "quickly", but it's difficult to cook most satisfying meals quickly. Quick, to me, is grabbing some fruit.
  • jaketaylor1391
    Options

Eating food you don't like the taste of doesn't sound like a very sustainable lifestyle? Why would you do that?

Getting slim isnt easy, all the good foods aren't always the healthiest, i mean for me chicken and rice used to taste great, now not so much. Cheese burgers they will taste great day after day but they come with a price that price usually being a gut. Im sure many people question why people eat awful tasting bland food, i even question myself about it sometimes but at the same time the prize is worth it.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

Getting slim isnt easy, all the good foods aren't always the healthiest, i mean for me chicken and rice used to taste great, now not so much. Cheese burgers they will taste great day after day but they come with a price that price usually being a gut. Im sure many people question why people eat awful tasting bland food, i even question myself about it sometimes but at the same time the prize is worth it.
    Healthy food can taste good! Mixing different things together and using spices - it can make you enjoy healthy stuff every bit as much as that cheeseburger...or at least close to it.

I see that you're a guy and lots of guys don't want to bother cooking. My son is like that! But with a little effort, you can make your "awful tasting bland food" a little better.

Just chopping up an onion and putting it in the roasting pan with your chicken or veggies or whathaveyou makes everything sweeter.

There are so many ways to make healthy food taste good...if you want!

Just food for thought there. :)
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options

Cheeseburgers do not make you gain weight. A surplus of calories do.
  • elphie754
    Options

Food doesn't need to be bland. I've lost 70 lbs in the past 8 months and none of my meals were bland.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    hi guys I am a 5'10 female. I am looking for tips for diet. I am really picky and looking to tone up, I am 132.6 looking to hit 125 ish lbs. my diet is extremely difficult for me to get perfected. What do you guys like to eat that's easy for one person to make quickly? Cooking for one is so difficult. Focusing more on protein & carbs.

Don't cook one serving at a time. Cook e.g. 4 servings, eat one the next day, save the other 2 in the freezer to eat next week.
  • jaketaylor1391
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

Healthy food can taste good! Mixing different things together and using spices - it can make you enjoy healthy stuff every bit as much as that cheeseburger...or at least close to it.

I see that you're a guy and lots of guys don't want to bother cooking. My son is like that! But with a little effort, you can make your "awful tasting bland food" a little better.

Just chopping up an onion and putting it in the roasting pan with your chicken or veggies or whathaveyou makes everything sweeter.

There are so many ways to make healthy food taste good...if you want!

Just food for thought there. :)

Hahaha ill give it a try
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »

Don't cook one serving at a time. Cook e.g. 4 servings, eat one the next day, save the other 2 in the freezer to eat next week.

This is very helpful. Not only can you have meals ready to go, but you don't have to cook a different thing every day. I cook for one, and bulk prepping stuff every now and then helps me stay on track, and waste more time on Netflix/MFP than in the kitchen.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options

This is very helpful. Not only can you have meals ready to go, but you don't have to cook a different thing every day. I cook for one, and bulk prepping stuff every now and then helps me stay on track, and waste more time on Netflix/MFP than in the kitchen.

You waste time on MFP? Say it isn't so!
  • missiontofitness
    Options

You waste time on MFP? Say it isn't so!

I know! It's such a tragedy.
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I like michelina's frozen dinners, they are small 200 to 400 calories. I like some of the other brands too. The frozen dinners are quick and easy, no leftovers.
    I also cook for one, I buy in bulk then individually repackage everything using a vacuum sealer. You can also cook a big whatever, then vacuum pack it into small portions and freeze it.
  • elphie754
    Options
    Am I the only one who noticed her goal is a dangerous weight?
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Nope. I'm half asleep and bouncing between threads. End goal is definitely not a good idea at that height. If anything, the OP should focus on a recomp if they aren't satisfied with how they look, rather than a deficit.
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    Options

I’m just tired of trying to figure a way to tell them nicely their wrong, so they don’t get all bent.
    So I just let them figure it out for themselves, like I had to.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options

Nope but she won't listen anyway.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Honestly, don't lose that much weight, start lifting heavy to 'tone up' (not a real thing) and get that 'defined' look. If that is you in your profile pick, you don't nee dot lose anymore weight.