I lost the weight I wanted, now having a hard time finding the energy to workout

Options
2»

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    To be able to keep up workouts it has to be something you enjoy. ..try some other exercise, walk, run, swim, dance. ..and throw in some strength training as well - you'll have no problem getting moving when you actually like it :smile:

Could you be lacking in energy because you're not fuelling your body enough?
  • NHoward84
    NHoward84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks we'll be going swimming here very soon which I'm excited about, but as far as other activities with the kids, my older daughter has an anxiety disorder as well as some other problems so she's in physical therapy and she isn't overly active so things as taking walks don't last very long and the girls are only 5 & 6 so they also have short attention spans..once they're back in school I plan to start walking again which I actually do enjoy :) & I feel I'm getting enough calories just perhaps not the right kind of foods.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    The right kinds of foods definitely contribute to energy levels for sure... keep an eye on your macros ok :smile:
  • NHoward84
    Options
    I will! :)
  • lifeisbueno
    lifeisbueno Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    make sure you are eating enough food too... eating at a deficit for too long of a period will throw your energy out the door. if i eat below 1500 for more than a few days in a row it always catches up with me. (i am 5'5 and maintain on about 2200 calories a day, 20 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of heavy weights 4x a week)
  • 4thhorseman
    4thhorseman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Always take at least one day off a week, and never go more than 90 days without taking a full week off. I've manipulated my weight up and down for years, anytime I go up or down by 10 or more pounds in the same 90 day period I have my blood checked (you'll be surprised what you learn) if not definitely at least once a year. Stay on you calories you need to eat to maintain (I need 3500-4000 a day when in the gym and about 2200-2800 when maintaining), also find a good quality daily multi vitamin and get plenty of sleep.
  • NHoward84
    Options
    Thank you both :) I'm definitely working on getting enough calories & more sleep & I'm also not pushing myself too hard with working out to where I'll feel sick and give up this time around
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I watch TV while I am on the machines. I find even if I do not want to work out I want to watch TV in peace without little ones hanging on me. I get up and go to the gym where the daycare will give me 2hrs of peace as long as I bust my rear for it. It hurts and I sweat but for 2hrs I don't have to settle fights, fill sippy cups, or clean little boy messes, and that is motivation enough for me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,682 Member
    Options
    It's more of the dislike of your exercise choice being the reason you're not motivated. Try something you may like. Walking for me is something I do daily. I get to listen to news or music and it's not complicated nor do you need any equipment but a decent pair of shoes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • NHoward84
    Options
    Thanks, I had started swimming for about 2 hours a day when the weather cooperates, but lately it's been nothing but thunderstorms...hopefully this week the weather will be nicer, so I can get back out there....I do enjoy walking and plan to do a lot of it when the kids go back to school in August.