Help!!

Options
Hi,

I need help, I am staying under 1300 calories a day, I drink more then 8 glasses of water in a day and keep the carb eating to a minimum and if I do eat it I try to for breakfast and not supper... I track everyday, and stay below the mark, on weekends it hard but i still manage to stay under.. I keep going up and down on the scale even thought im following the calories counter.

What is an easier way to drop the wight... It seems like going to another dierty place with pills helps but i dont want to do that.

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Pills aren't necessary.
    Do you weigh everything on a food scale? How do you measure calorie burns?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Going up and down on the scale is perfectly normal. Weight loss isn't linear.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1

If you're logging honestly and accurately, your weight loss will show a downward trend over time.

Good luck!
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    a37btb7mxb3t.jpg
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Reevaluate your goals, they may be too aggressive.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Reevaluate your goals, they may be too aggressive.

This. Also, accept that weight loss isn't linear, and flucations are going to happen.
  • jaketaylor1391
    jaketaylor1391 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Lift, walk on an incline treadmill for an hour. Their is no easy way to get slim and supplements like pills only give you bad side affects.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    Lift, walk on an incline treadmill for an hour. Their is no easy way to get slim and supplements like pills only give you bad side affects.

There's no need to walk in a treadmill for an hour.
    that's just *kitten* torture
  • jaketaylor1391
    Options

Yea but it burns around 600 calories which is a alot of calories. Plus if you throw on a movie or something time flies by.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options

I walk on the treadmill for an hour lots of times. If it has a television on it, doesn't seem like an hour at all.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

Yea but it burns around 600 calories which is a alot of calories. Plus if you throw on a movie or something time flies by.

No it doesnt. You can't throw out a blank number like that. It might for you but if you're basing that off the display or the MFP database, those are both overestimated.

Calories burned for a particular activity will vary so much. Especially between genders.
  • jaketaylor1391
    Options

No it doesnt. You can't throw out a blank number like that. It might for you but if you're basing that off the display or the MFP database, those are both overestimated.

Calories burned for a particular activity will vary so much. Especially between genders.

Walking at an incline of 9 or 10 going around 3.5 mph on a treadmill burns around 600 calories for men and women i do this about five times in the week. Not only does the treadmill tell you how many calories you burn but if you have an app that calculates calories per step that also tells you.
  • missiontofitness
    edited June 2015
    Options

Walking at an incline of 9 or 10 going around 3.5 mph on a treadmill burns around 600 calories for men and women i do this about five times in the week. Not only does the treadmill tell you how many calories you burn but if you have an app that calculates calories per step that also tells you.

Those are estimates. Not fact.

Edit- Convienently, this popped up on my home screen so I don't need to type it out:http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/why-you-shouldnt-trust-calories-burned-on-exercise-machines/
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Walking for an hour burns about 200 cals for me...
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

Again, you can't make a blank statement like that.
    a woman who is 5ft isn't gonna burn that and a severely obese man would probably burn way more.

You clearly can't read where I stated that men and women don't burn the same calories for the same exercise and machines and apps overestimate.
  • jaketaylor1391
    Options

a woman who is 5ft isn't gonna burn that and a severely obese man would probably burn way more.

You clearly can't read where I stated that men and women don't burn the same calories for the same exercise and machines and apps overestimate.

Which is why every treadmill asks for your weight, and if you use a treadmill at a gym it asks for your gender and some of them even take your heart rate
  • jaketaylor1391
    Options

On a ten incline?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

On a ten incline?

On the pavement... There's hills and *kitten* sometimes....
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

Which is why every treadmill asks for your weight, and if you use a treadmill at a gym it asks for your gender and some of them even take your heart rate

Never seen gender. And once again, those are overestimates and not accurate.

If you want a better estimate of calories burned then a HRM is your best bet but it's only good for steady state cardio.
  • missiontofitness
    edited June 2015
    Options

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/why-you-shouldnt-trust-calories-burned-on-exercise-machines/

Additionally, heart rate monitors on machines and straps/watches are best estimates as well. They are only good for steady cardio, and even then, their algorithms are not 100% accurate. I have a heart arrhythmia, and one would not be able to distinguish an SVT attack (where my heart can beat 200+ BPM) over me doing a "fat burning" steady heart rate. Just because my heart is beating at 200 BPM does not mean I am burning more calories.
  • jaketaylor1391
    Options

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/why-you-shouldnt-trust-calories-burned-on-exercise-machines/

Additionally, heart rate monitors on machines and straps/watches are best estimates as well. They are only good for steady cardio, and even then, their algorithms are not 100% accurate. I have a heart arrhythmia, and one would not be able to distinguish an SVT attack (where my heart can beat 200+ BPM) over me doing a "fat burning" steady heart rate. Just because my heart is beating at 200 BPM does not mean I am burning more calories.

Well you can question if your burnin calories or you can go to the gym and do it, wheres ct fletcher when you need him.