Replies

• TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Best advice is, if you want good advice consult a professional. What makes you think people on here know any more than you do?
    there are some professional on here, I may not be one of them but I have had success which allows me to speak to my way of accomplishing my goals. You are providing good advice though.

There are MANY professionals in the field on this site - MDs, dietitians, certified personal trainers, etc.
  • sonnyless
    sonnyless Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Best advice is, if you want good advice consult a professional. What makes you think people on here know any more than you do?
    there are some professional on here, I may not be one of them but I have had success which allows me to speak to my way of accomplishing my goals. You are providing good advice though.

There are MANY professionals in the field on this site - MDs, dietitians, certified personal trainers, etc.

Possibly, maybe even probably. But this is an site open to the www, it is foolish to assume that everyone is what they claim.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

And there are plenty of people that have done it. I would prefer to take advice from someone that has proven that they know what to do and can do it rather than someone who has read some text books and never put anything into practice.
  • tatiana_13
    tatiana_13 Posts: 325
    Options
    I really would check out the MFP thread the previous poster recommended for relatively light people trying to get lean. I think a mix of real world + professional advice is always a good thing. And that thread has both.
  • twinsmommaplus1
    twinsmommaplus1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would say do 20 minute high intensity interval cardio after you have done weights. You should do 3 sets of 10-12 reps to failure...so pretty heavy. This will help break down your tissue to rebuild it. When you have more lean muscle mass you will look much leaner and you will burn more calories at rest.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I agree with previous posters who said to hit the weights hard. Steady-state cardio won't help you much for fat loss since you're already relatively lean. High intensity interval training (HIIT) or Tabata training (Google these) will give you a much better payoff in less time spent in the gym. Also, at this point (the last 10 pounds), clean, lean eating is a must. It sucks, but the payoff is worth it. Good luck!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

And there are plenty of people that have done it. I would prefer to take advice from someone that has proven that they know what to do and can do it rather than someone who has read some text books and never put anything into practice.

There are plenty of ppl who say they've done it. Maybe they have, maybe they haven't. It's a www site. Don't take anything at face value
  • PrincessBTits
    PrincessBTits Posts: 198
    Options
    light cardio, heavy weights.

google "skinny fat", that is what you don't want.
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options

There are plenty of ppl who say they've done it. Maybe they have, maybe they haven't. It's a www site. Don't take anything at face value

Oh never mind...
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Ha, everyone has their own oponion. Of course mine is the only RIGHT ONE!

Not really.

It's not a clear cut science, unfortunately. Your body is different than my body, and the next girls. Everyone's workout is different and nutritional needs as well.

Your going to experement to see what works for you and what you want.

I want more defination, I'm doing heavy weights and high reps. That works for me.

Low weights and high reps SHOULD get you toned muscles, it doesn't mean it will. EXPEREMENT!

As for diet, well that's a little experementation as well. Remember muscles take fuel, that could be fruit or it could be a complex carbo for long workouts. Again experement!

Good luck in your goals! :wink: