apparently i gained 20 pounds in a few hours??

Options
2»

Replies

• natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! Clif bars do have a tendency to stick like a brick, but not literally! It's the scale, not you!
  • vbob
    vbob Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Never wiegh yourself after showering because you retain water through your skin/hair and will always wiegh more. Roughly an extra couple of kgs, I don't know what that is in pounds.
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    i bought a weight watchers scale. anyone have that? i noticed i have to weight myself about 10 times b/c i keep getting a different reading depending on how much pressure is put on toes v heels. i try to remain as flat and even as possible. i just go with the number that comes up the the most.
    - ps - its on a tile floor, not carpet
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Do you store your scale on it's side? I was having trouble with inconsistent weights on my old scale, bought a new one, and happened to notice that it said in the manual to ALWAYS store it flat. I do so now, and have had no more problems with inconsistent weights. That could be part of the problem. good luck!

Wow that is really good to know. I only weigh myself once a day, in the morning and I've been having problems with it giving inconsistent weights. I always store it standing on it's side under the sink. Good to know that could be what's causing the problem!
  • krueandliz
    krueandliz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Do you store your scale on it's side? I was having trouble with inconsistent weights on my old scale, bought a new one, and happened to notice that it said in the manual to ALWAYS store it flat. I do so now, and have had no more problems with inconsistent weights. That could be part of the problem. good luck!
  • hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    I had that WW scale, it sucked! i took it back, never gave me the same reading 2x ::(
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i was curious so i tried it... my scale reads me as 13 pounds LIGHTER on the carpet. if only that was the real number :sad:
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I started off pretty heavy for most scales. I bought a beam balance off ebay (vitamaster like old fashion doctor offce scale) for about $100. It is accurate to within fractions of a pound. Very good investment in myself.