Here's a little bit about me

Options
This is my story ❤️

I use to be in excellent shape, never having an issue with weight. My problem began this last semester of my senior year. I noticed that I started gaining weight very suddenly, especially around my thighs. I attend a very difficult university and I was under more stress than anyone should ever have to go through. I began to have self confidence issues when my thighs developed huge dark stretch marks, I once had someone ask me if I had a disease! Now I never wear shorts when I use to be the girl running around in short shorts. I want to experience the freedom of wearing shorts again without looking diseased with stretch marks. If that situation wasn't bad enough with the diseased comment, my fiancé is a Marine! He is in very good shape and goes to the gym 7 days a week, he just doesn't understand stress weight and how females gain weight differently. I'm looking for motivational and positive friends to help me throughout my adventure! Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• stargirl85
    stargirl85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Aw I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like it could have been the end of puberty. Have you tried bio oil?
  • melhughes903
    melhughes903 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I can completely understand where you are coming from. I was there a couple of years ago. I finally had my "snap out of that moment" in March of this year. I used to be a "people pleaser" all a while forgetting about "myself". It's time for your health to come first. This is for YOU. Since my mindset and priorities have changed, I have lost 18 lbs in exactly 3 months. It's exhilirating!! It's a struggle at times, but I wake up and remind myself... "this is for ME". Feel free to add me! Melissa~