High protein, low carb snacks

Options
I'm looking for healthier alternatives to chips and candy and was wondering if anyone has any tasty suggestions?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    do you want foods that are like those things....or completely different options?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Turkey jerky.
  • brigettesadowski
    brigettesadowski Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    do you want foods that are like those things....or completely different options?

Completely different would be nice
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt, plain cottage cheese.
    higher fat content will be higher protein (ish) and lower carb typically. And will help with satiety better than a 0%.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Cheese, olives, nuts are low carb but not great on protein. Dried meats, sausage, salami etc have more protein.
  • Modern_athena
    Modern_athena Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Skimmed milk with cocoa. Eggs or egg whites, 0% sugar yoghurt.
  • bmele0
    bmele0 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I like vanilla oikos greek yogurt with a sprinkling of nature's valley peanut butter protein granola (like 10 grams). Sometimes I slice up some strawberries, like 30-40 grams and put it on the bottom.This has become almost as yummy to me as ice cream.

Fiber One protein bar (carmel nut or coconut almond) 140 cals, 6-7g protein) for on the go.

Sargento low fat string cheese 50 cal, 6 or 7g protein with half a serving of pretzel sticks and a small apple. Looking at a total of 150-170 cals.

1 egg or couple egg whites, sprinkle of low fat cheese (8 or so grams), a few turkey pepperoni slices (70 cals to 120 depending on how you make it). It's like a little egg pizza.