hi... Just some motivation and kind words would be helpful

Options
hello all! Summer has started and it feels like the best time for me to start my weight loss and lifestyle change journey for good. I'm off for 3 months and have nothing but time on my side. Unfortunately, like most, I battle with insecurity and intimidation.... At the gym, the mall, at work... You name it. I used to be the star athlete, I used to be beautiful and I used to be outgoing. I just want myself back and hope that this forum/app can help. Sorry to be the Debbie down and to get dark, but just getting this out has already helped. I need all the help I can get... Positive of course. I don't do well with negativity and the so called " tough love".... Not yet at lest.

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can totally do this, if you really want to. Find those things you like to eat that fit within your calorie goal, go for short walks. With nothing but time, maybe you can get out and go for pretty walks (to a lake, a waterfall, or somewhere with a view). start out with small, realistic goals...5 lbs at a time. The results you could see in 3 months would be awesome!
  • nikkibear1277
    nikkibear1277 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh, that would be awesome. Yes, small goals might be what I need this time. In the past, I'd always set these unrealistic goals for myself that seemed years away. I would be so discouraged and just quit because I never hit my 75 pound loss goal. But 5 pounds at a time adds up quickly! Hope we can be friends and help each other out.

Thank you
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    you are still beautiful. there are many quantifiers to beauty.

you can do this, and you are worth it.

you-is-kind.jpg
  • toffeetastic
    toffeetastic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can do it. make small, simple changes, like cutting out sugary drinks and having water instead. Try not to make unrealistic changes to your diet to quickly, its impossible to keep it up. Try to find an exercise that you can make a habit, like walking or cycling to work. Once you get your fitness back you will want to do more. Don't forget to reward yourself with your success, never mind how small there are. You can totally do this, it make take some time, but you can and will do it. oh and one other thing, because it upset me a when i read it, you are still beautiful and will remain so!
  • win6177
    win6177 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    As far as being and staying active, I find if I have workout routine that fits well into my day that's half the battle. For me it's at 5:30am so I can totally have my own time and be done, showered, dressed and ready for our morning time (routine) as a family by 7am each day. I hate getting up at 5am but I have come to really love the time alone each morning, then have nice family time each day. Works for me.
  • indigorays
    indigorays Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are worth more than you believe!! You are so pretty! You can do this (: I've seen some great success stories on here and I believe we are all capable of becoming a success story! Add me if you'd like!
  • nikkibear1277
    Options
    You can do it. make small, simple changes, like cutting out sugary drinks and having water instead. Try not to make unrealistic changes to your diet to quickly, its impossible to keep it up. Try to find an exercise that you can make a habit, like walking or cycling to work. Once you get your fitness back you will want to do more. Don't forget to reward yourself with your success, never mind how small there are. You can totally do this, it make take some time, but you can and will do it. oh and one other thing, because it upset me a when i read it, you are still beautiful and will remain so!

Thank you so much... I'm actually getting quite emotional at all the kind words and inspiration. Thank you for believing in someone you don't even know... Just shows I made a great choice in picking this forum. I just need some positivity in my life.
  • jefforoni
    jefforoni Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do it Nikki! If you can believe you can achieve! We all believe in you, never give up take it slow. I was insecure myself as I am trying to drop some LB but once you start making things a habit you'll have a boost in confidence and definitely won't care what people think. I believe weight loss is more of a mental than a physical challenge so just keep pushing and grinding it out no more matter what! Good luck Nikki I know you can hit your goals!!!
  • kelseyg22
    kelseyg22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Through my weight loss the biggest lesson that I have learned is that you have to believe in yourself and tell that voice telling you you that you can't do it to get lost -- YOU CAN!!! Feel free to add me to your friend list and I would be happy to help any way I can....but you need to be your own biggest fan :) Every pound, workout, day is a success!
  • shonned2015
    shonned2015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Go go girl! Send you some positivity!
  • dmschm2
    dmschm2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you are intimidated by the gym, just tell yourself, anyone of these people could have looked just like you at one point....but they don't anymore because they are there, and have been there. You could look just like them a year from now (or less)...but you won't if you are too intimidated to start. A quote I love is "a year from now, you will have wished you started today"
  • cubcakegurl88
    cubcakegurl88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can do what you put your mind to lady. Honestly it all is overwhelming at first. But once you get into a regular routine it is pretty easy.

And once you see some form of a result it becomes an addiction.

I'm gonna add you and if you ever need any help or someone to talk to just get ahold of me. Starting is the hardest part of it all...
  • cubcakegurl88
    cubcakegurl88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can do what you put your mind to lady. Honestly it all is overwhelming at first. But once you get into a regular routine it is pretty easy.

I'm gonna add you and if you ever need any help or someone to talk to just get ahold of me. Starting is the hardest part of it all...
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Hello & welcome! You can do it, really. Add me if you'd like! I always enjoy new friends. :)
  • nikkibear1277
    Options

Thank you so much. I'm adding you as well.
    :)
  • nikkibear1277
    Options
    indigorays wrote: »
    You are worth more than you believe!! You are so pretty! You can do this (: I've seen some great success stories on here and I believe we are all capable of becoming a success story! Add me if you'd like!

Thank you!!! So much. Really is very helpful.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Just for the record Nikki....you are still beautiful! You are here and that is step #1. Log everything every day and stay in a calorie deficit. It really does work. I'm here every day so add me if you like. <3
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You got this!! You have your best days, weeks, months, and years ahead of you! Congrats on your decision to start your fitness journey. Make sure to have a solid plan in place and stick to the three keys of fitness: Nutrition, Exercise, and Support. Feel free to add me!