Please Help with sweet tooth !!

Options
CourtneyJollimore
CourtneyJollimore Posts: 7 Member
edited June 2015 in Recipes
HELP !!!!
I'm doing very well with eating healthly BUTTT... After I eat a healthly meal, I get such a sweet tooth! I haven't given in yet ! Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to stop it or even some healthly recipes I could use ! Preferably low to no carb if possible !
Thanks !

Replies

• ccourcha
    ccourcha Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    organic dark chocolate? If it fits your goals, macros, and calorie intake...eat it.
  • katiemariekrieger
    katiemariekrieger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband does a chocolate protein shake an he doesn't crave chocolate or sweets
  • autryleslie
    autryleslie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is graham crackers with lite cool whip on the inside (make it like a sandwich ) and put it in the freezer for a few hours. YUM! It's like an ice cream sandwich, I make up a few of them at a time so I'll have one when I want one.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I love diet rootbeer for a no calorie sweet treat.

If I have to have chocolate, a dove dark or a few chocolate chips do the trick!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    diet root beer with slow churn vanilla ice cream is wonderful

I take a few shots of whip cream.

or I manage my calories so I can have an ice cream sandwich
  • periphrastic
    periphrastic Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can so relate! I have a major sweet tooth, which comes with a tendency to overdo it on cookies and such, but prediabetes was a serious wake-up call. In addition to other changes to my diet, now if I crave something sweet, I go for a small serving of seasonal fruit (lately: sweet red cherries, strawberries, raspberries, or a plum) or I have a couple squares of a Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate with Almonds bar (usually displayed near the cash registers).

If there's a natural or less-processed source of sweetness you love aside from regular desserts, consider trying to choose that in moderation. The first few days of not giving into sugary cravings were the hardest, but it gets easier. I've been surprised at how satisfying fruit has become for me.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate always does the trick for me :p
  • ActiveApril
    ActiveApril Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Fruits for sure. One thing I've recently discovered is roasted chickpeas with various flavors - like cinnamon vanilla or habanero (completely opposite of one another, but both are delicious). Dark chocolate! I got this little tin of dark chocolate covered cacao bits at Trader Joes a few weeks back and they were fabulous.
  • HoundstoothMFP
    HoundstoothMFP Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Same. Knocks that Starbucks craving right out.

I also do Trident gum, apple is best.

Tried the small dark chocolates....and nearly went through the whole bag so that doesn't work for me.
    My husband does a chocolate protein shake an he doesn't crave chocolate or sweets

• ChanelleNolin
    ChanelleNolin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon sugar roasted chickpeas is sweet and crunchy. I make a batch in the oven and snack on them instead of my old habits of chips popcorn and cookies
  • CourtneyJollimore
    Options
    Thank you so much for the options ! I'll try them out !
  • CPhelps89
    CPhelps89 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Also check out Chocolate Covered Katie...(just google it) she writes a blog and several cookbooks on secretly good for you desserts. Just made Deep Dish Cookie Pie (spoiler...main ingredient is garbanzo beans....no flour, no dairy, no nuts) and it's only 200 cal for a slice!
  • redyson
    redyson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Courtney ... I not sure what you consider as low carbs but when my sweet tooth kicks in every so often, what I do to help the situation is to eat an Akins Caramel Chocolate Nut Roll ... to me its the closest thing I can get to a snickers bar but more on the conservative side. here is the specs. on it ...http://www.atkins.com/products/bars/snacks/caramel-chocolate-nut-roll

I see someone above suggested a protein shake which I think is another good idea ... the brand I consume the most is BSN Syntha-6 (excellent favor) here the specs on it ... http://www.gobsn.com/product/syntha6isolate.html

if you do decide to get the protein shake option ... I would get it from Amazon or another online store it should be a little cheaper than buying it from the BSN direct. The favors I enjoy the most are Banana, Chocolate milkshake, Strawberry milkshake and Vanilla Ice Cream. Hope that helps ...
  • br3adman
    br3adman Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Pudding its 60 calories. Also splenda over fresh berries. I like salt on my fruit but most like sweet! Splenda taste just like sugar if you never had it. Also sweet potatoes during dinner.
  • anthonyratchford
    anthonyratchford Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Fruit is the one here I think. Try freezing them or making them into a natural smoothie to mix it up a little.

Make sure you are drinking lots of water and you may find the craving dissappear.
  • CourtneyJollimore
    Options
    Thanks everyone ! Today I picked up some protein powder and I'm going to try that. Along with lots of water and see if that helps my sweet tooth.
  • jademarriott94
    jademarriott94 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Blend avocado, cocoa powder, dash of honey and some berries together.. Amazing chocolate mousse!

Quark and dash of honey?

Freeze some bananas, then blend to make banana ice cream

Freeze grapes and they taste like little ice pops!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    CPhelps89 wrote: »
    Also check out Chocolate Covered Katie...(just google it) she writes a blog and several cookbooks on secretly good for you desserts. Just made Deep Dish Cookie Pie (spoiler...main ingredient is garbanzo beans....no flour, no dairy, no nuts) and it's only 200 cal for a slice!

Yep, I second this. She's awesome!
  • musclemeliss
    musclemeliss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with medjool dates, I buy them organic at whole foods. Everyone thinks they will be gross but they have a candy like consistency in a way, like sugar almost. Hard to explain but SO good, just watch for pits. Some people eat them with peanut butter.
    Also, I'm sure someone already mentioned sweet potato. Tastes like marshmallows to me :)