Giving up

Options
Has anyone else had days where they really just want to give up? Somedays i feel like all this hard work is for nothing..

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Nope. But then you really didn't provide enough information in your initial post to indicated why you feel this way.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I have in the past. I would convince myself that I look good enough and could just stay at my weight and eat more. But I haven't felt that way in a long time now. It's still hard, but it does feel worth it. Last night I wanted to overeat, and end up eating more than I planned. So I forced myself to move more last night, and got the surplus down to a deficit.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Yes! With one of 2 outcomes. I either eat something like an ice cream. Log it and I may or may not go over calories...that's fine if it's a one off. Or I take a good look in the mirror and remember why I'm doing this, have a coffee and just keep going. Whatever I do, I'm more likely to keep going if I log everything whether or not I should have eaten it.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    yes, there are days I want to lay on the coach and eat whatever I can get my hands on.
    but I've worked so hard, so I just keep moving and keep working on what I eat
  • SherryTeach
    Options
    I take a good look at my baby grandson's photo and remember why I want to stay fit and healthy. I also look at some of the people I ran into at my 40th high school reunion who were complaining about all of their medical issues. That keeps me on track.
  • karacasale5
    karacasale5 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bubaluboo wrote: »
    Yes! With one of 2 outcomes. I either eat something like an ice cream. Log it and I may or may not go over calories...that's fine if it's a one off. Or I take a good look in the mirror and remember why I'm doing this, have a coffee and just keep going. Whatever I do, I'm more likely to keep going if I log everything whether or not I should have eaten it.
    Thanks for the positivity, glad im not the only one who feels this way. Maybe some different healthy recipes will make it easier, tired of eating grilled chicken and broccoli!
  • karacasale5
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    yes, there are days I want to lay on the coach and eat whatever I can get my hands on.
    but I've worked so hard, so I just keep moving and keep working on what I eat

Thats my exact feeling today, 9 hours of work and a small salad during my lunch hour, I feel like i need a carton of ice cream, thank you!
  • Bexachick
    Bexachick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    YES. Struggling now actually. I'm having a hard time staying positive and motivated. I have been logging my food regardless (good tip) and trying to focus on moving more. Trying to maintain a just keep swimming mentality!
  • karacasale5
    Options
    I take a good look at my baby grandson's photo and remember why I want to stay fit and healthy. I also look at some of the people I ran into at my 40th high school reunion who were complaining about all of their medical issues. That keeps me on track.

Its just a bad day at work and i used to be a person who ate my feelings thats why i said it, thats a good idea, ill look at my parents and grandparents and remember why im doing this! Thanks
  • SherryTeach
    Options
    Pork tenderloin roasted with Dijon mustard, caraway seed and celery seed, turkey chili, grilled sirloin steak sliced thin into a stir fry, Panko coated baked chicken, garlic and olive oil roasted veggies. Oh the possibilities of delicious eating are endless.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positivity, glad im not the only one who feels this way. Maybe some different healthy recipes will make it easier, tired of eating grilled chicken and broccoli!

Definitely try to get some variety! What calorie goal have you set. I realised pretty soon that I had to give myself a decent calorie limit and lose slowly but surely as I have to be able to have sweet things like chocolate. Feel free to browse my food diary. I'm not the best with my macros but you may find some ideas there.
  • karacasale5
    Options
    jaga13 wrote: »
    I have in the past. I would convince myself that I look good enough and could just stay at my weight and eat more. But I haven't felt that way in a long time now. It's still hard, but it does feel worth it. Last night I wanted to overeat, and end up eating more than I planned. So I forced myself to move more last night, and got the surplus down to a deficit.

I hate the feeling of overeating! I try to keep away from all the junk foods. Glad you stayed motivated to keep moving thoufh
  • karacasale5
    Options
    Pork tenderloin roasted with Dijon mustard, caraway seed and celery seed, turkey chili, grilled sirloin steak sliced thin into a stir fry, Panko coated baked chicken, garlic and olive oil roasted veggies. Oh the possibilities of delicious eating are endless.

That all sounds amazing! Ill start with some of those
  • karacasale5
    Options

Definitely try to get some variety! What calorie goal have you set. I realised pretty soon that I had to give myself a decent calorie limit and lose slowly but surely as I have to be able to have sweet things like chocolate. Feel free to browse my food diary. I'm not the best with my macros but you may find some ideas there.

• ejadewelch
    ejadewelch Posts: 12 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Absolutely!!.....I have such a big battle to fight that I feel like I am defeated many days. In the past I turned to food for comfort, but now I am looking for others who have some of the same battles and sharing helps. Feeling defeated is a big part of the battle...Dont give up!!...I know whats to come if you stay with it will be amazing!!
  • karacasale5
    Options
    MFP set me at 1600 but i try to do 1200 and i work in a per store snd stock the shelves 40 hours a week so sometimes my exercise outways my calorie intake, im gonna take a look in your diary. Thanks again
  • ejadewelch
    ejadewelch Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Those of you that are so empowered you never feel like giving up...YOU ARE BLESSED...be thankful!
  • karacasale5
    Options
    ejadewelch wrote: »
    Those of you that are so empowered you never feel like giving up...YOU ARE BLESSED...be thankful!

So are you! Some days are tough but im thankful for all the motivation! !
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Motivation is not just had. You have to get it. Motivation comes from setting and achieving goals. The process is really simple and if you just stick to it you will make progress. Set a small goal and kill it...then set a slightly less easy goal and smash that one...then set a harder goal and achieve again! Pretty soon you'll be like "Dude...that accelerashawn dude really knew what was up! I owe him an FR!"

That's how I got started anyway...Eat mostly nutrient dense foods, track how much I'm eating, adjust accordingly to lose weight...win at fitness!
  • karacasale5
    Options
    Motivation is not just had. You have to get it. Motivation comes from setting and achieving goals. The process is really simple and if you just stick to it you will make progress. Set a small goal and kill it...then set a slightly less easy goal and smash that one...then set a harder goal and achieve again! Pretty soon you'll be like "Dude...that accelerashawn dude really knew what was up! I owe him an FR!"

That's how I got started anyway...Eat mostly nutrient dense foods, track how much I'm eating, adjust accordingly to lose weight...win at fitness!

Im gonna try that as well! Each week ill set a goal