Been feeling discouraged lately

Options
noelani716
noelani716 Posts: 56 Member
edited June 2015 in Motivation and Support
I have lost weight since starting, however, I feel very discouraged being stuck at my current weight. I eat very healthy and do intensive exercises almost 4/5 times a week.

Here are a few progress pictures. The picture of the red shirt is my starting weight. The others are now. Let me know if any advice and how to not feel so discouraged!

pbjhiktsv3t4.jpg

ra91g9mrghgs.jpg

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    You can eat healthy all you want, but if you are not in a deficit you are not going to lose weight.

Do you weigh your solid foods?? Measure liquids??
  • noelani716
    Options
    I do not measure my foods in that way. I just try to eat less calories than what in burning. Maybe I should give that a try
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Am amazed for such an experience dieter that you have let your weight loss go in such a haphazard way. The essence of calorie counting is to know accurately how much you are consuming so that you cna morderate that to be at deficit or syrplus depending on whether you wnat to gain or lose weight. The phrase you cannot outrun a bad diet comes to mind.

If you arent losing for a consistent period, then its because the sum total of your efforts mean you are not in deficit. get ypurself in consistent deficit and you will start to lose again although weight loss is not linear and you may need some patience.

Look how far youve come. Your discouragement is from lack of progress, but the reason is a bit glaring, so try whats been suggested, read teh calorie 101 thread by Vismal and maybe get some friend on mfp who you cna moan at or will keep you going. Youll be fine, go and buy some scales.
  • Hannah_Norrie
    Hannah_Norrie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I measure and weigh everything I eat and drink. It helps. Plus remember that not all calories are equal. A protein calorie has a different effect on your body than a fat calorie or a carb calorie. So check your macro percentages and make sure you are eating the correct ratios. Also if you are working out intensively, you may not be eating enough calories. Your body has specific needs and of you are not in taking those nutritional needs then your body will hold onto your fat in an attempt to get what nutrients it's lacking from whatever source it can. I lost 18 pounds in 30 days without any exercise just by manipulating my macros.
  • jnoegrah
    jnoegrah Posts: 119 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I agree with the others, it would help measuring. You might be surprised at how dense some foods are.

With that said, you've done great. I think we've all been stuck at one point or another, so you're not alone!
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    you are doing great. It is harder to lose the closer you get to your goal. and your calorie intake needs to be lower at a lower weight or your exercise level needs to be longer or more intense.
    good luck
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Sounds like you have hit the dreaded plateau. I'd say start measuring/weighing your food and make some adjustments to your intake. Good luck!
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    noelani716 wrote: »
    I do not measure my foods in that way. I just try to eat less calories than what in burning. Maybe I should give that a try

If you are not weighing or measuring foods, then how can you know how many calories you are consuming??
  • Chilena69
    Chilena69 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    snoringcat wrote: »
    noelani716 wrote: »

If you are not weighing or measuring foods, then how can you know how many calories you are consuming??

Once I bought a food scale, I realized that I was eating more calories than I thought I was. What I thought was 4 oz. of grilled chicken was actually closer to 6 oz. and a lot more calories. Things turned around after that, and I began to lose again. You need to know exactly what you are eating.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    You've clearly dropped a lot of weight - remember that the closer you are to your goal, the harder it will be to lose. Or maybe more precisely, the more slowly weight will come off. One thing I've seen suggested for people in your boat is to start eating at your goal TDEE instead of your current TDEE. Another suggestion would be to introduce strength training if you aren't already doing that. Challenge your body in a different way.

But still, congrats - you look awesome!
  • noelani716
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    You've clearly dropped a lot of weight - remember that the closer you are to your goal, the harder it will be to lose. Or maybe more precisely, the more slowly weight will come off. One thing I've seen suggested for people in your boat is to start eating at your goal TDEE instead of your current TDEE. Another suggestion would be to introduce strength training if you aren't already doing that. Challenge your body in a different way.

But still, congrats - you look awesome!

Thank you for the encouragement as well as awesome advice! I'll be sure to try that. I do have strength training in my workout routine, however, not as often as I should! Thanks again!!!