? about water/exercise (walking) "weight" questions for those who walk only

Options
HHEHEA
HHEHEA Posts: 17 Member
everytime I exercise the scale either doesent move or moves slower than when I dont exercise.. I get it...that it is most likely water weight.. muscle inflammation.. I know the key to weight loss is the calorie in/out.
My question is to those that only walk only...
have you notice after a few weeks or so (of eating the right calories) the scale all of a sudden moves.. or is it more gradual?
I noticed my clothes fit better but am just curious about the scale part of it..

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Yes, sometimes you stall and then get a whoosh as it is referred to here on the forums.
  • Rockin2014
    Rockin2014 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My weight tends to stand still for 1-3 weeks from time to time and then I lose 2-5 pounds in a few days.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    It all depends. I go through periods where the loss is pretty steady, then I go through periods of a stall and whoosh. Currently I am on a 2 week cycle where I lose about 2 lb, then nothing the next week, then 2 lb the following week. My plan is 1 lb a week so I am still on schedule, just not evenly spaced.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I walk six days a week. My average loss has been 2 pounds a week. My pattern after a loss is: small gains for the next 3 days, small losses next two days drop all gained the previous three days, next two days a total loss of about 2 pounds, repeat. My rest day is Sunday and losing part begins with my morning weigh in on Monday. I am not sure if the rest day is pivotal or not. Just my pattern. We are all different.
  • HollieWould1
    HollieWould1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    All I do is walk at 5mph for cardio, lost 15 lbs. in a month so I suppose that was my "woosh". I do strength training though but not sure if that counts? However, with that being said, for sure it's the calorie deficit that has me losing like this. I didn't change my diet at all. All I did change was to give up beer, which made a HUGE caloric difference. I mean I still drink, just not everyday after work or with dinner anymore.