What do you do to motivate your self during a workout

Options
2»

Replies

• mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I keep track of what I do (time to run or row a certain distance, weight lifted, number of pull-ups, etc.) and compete with myself. I don't expect to set a personal record everyday, but I expect to be respectable.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Nipple clamps!

I thought I was the only one...

Lol, usually I listen to music and that gets me pumped. But I'm usually so focused on lifting I don't need additional motivation.
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    music and i bully myself, playing on insecurities haha. Always making myself worry about my arms getting flabby or my chest getting smaller. fear is a powerful motivator
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Listen to pumping tunes and visualise myself in the band performing at Glastonbury, then all my adoring fans singing back to me B)

Borderline nuts but works lol!
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The best motivation for me is a fussy baby that is soothed instantly when going for a walk or jog. LOL. I can walk all day. :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    MasterOfPuppets.jpg
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I decide what I will be doing before starting the exercise and tell myself that finishing isnt optional.
  • captivatedlife
    captivatedlife Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I go to classes. I want to out punch and out dance my peers. Having people around me is a great motivator for me. On the treadmill I mix it up by doing intervals - 2 song warm up, 1 song low intensity, .5 song high intensity, 1.5 song li, 1 song hi, ect. I hate being bored. If I'm listening to a book on tape, I will set my timer up and do the same hing but using 1-3 minute intervals.
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I personally listen to music, watch ESPN, and watch the other people in the gym kicking butt. Everyone has different motivations, my motivations is watching others push it harder which causes me to push it harder.
  • icedcupcake1981
    icedcupcake1981 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For me it's listening to great music and going to classes, just wanting to try and keep up with everyone helps.
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love talking walks and runs outside, so I don't really have to be motivated. When I'm on a longer run, it helps to listen to ultrarunners talking about how they run hundreds of miles. I feel like I can at least run a few after that! lol
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    MasterOfPuppets.jpg

Yes!!!!

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I love to eat, and the more I exercise the more I can eat. That's pretty motivating.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I love to eat, and the more I exercise the more I can eat. That's pretty motivating.

Yes this too!!!
  • TrailBlazinMN
    TrailBlazinMN Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Nofap works wonders. Not sure how well it works for women though.
  • Bexx005
    Bexx005 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I like to run but sometimes its hard to run a farther distance each week. I have a specific playlist for when I run and I also signed up for a 15k with my boyfriend. He helps me stay on track with training and I get an awesome medal at the end of the 15k. That's enough motivation for me :)