What healthy foods do you crave?

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Cocoa Puffs - no milk added.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Right now i'm on a cherry kick. And I also look forward to my daily smoothie. which is 3/4 veggie, 1/4 fruit with coconut water.
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    pico de gallo salsa, cucumbers, dark chocolate, sugar free popsicles. baked zuchinni with bbq rub and cayenne pepper and eggs.
  • newfutures
    newfutures Posts: 113 Member
    Blueberries. As for the extreme random... green pepper. No idea but half of the time I can't get enough of it.

I like to eat green peppers raw
  • widmer3
    widmer3 Posts: 94 Member
    Raw cacao nibs, carrots, avocados, strawberries and sweet potatoes!
  • loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 152 Member
    oranges

my salad isn't so much a recipe as a method, i chop up all the salad into teeny cubes, millimeter type size, then layer it in a bowl and top it with a little cheese and mayo. eat with a spoon.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Fruit, quest bars, protein fluff, brusselsprouts, sweet potatoes, salads
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Avocado and raspberries - together - with a splash of balsamic vinegar. Glorious,......and now I am wondering why I have not had them together lately. Duh,,,,,
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    dufus12 wrote: »
    Avocado and raspberries - together - with a splash of balsamic vinegar. Glorious,......and now I am wondering why I have not had them together lately. Duh,,,,,

I'm sorry...what?
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Fresh spinach, radishes and onion sauteed for breakfast with swiss cheese and an egg over the top.

Summer time tends to be fresh cucumber and tomato with lots of pepper when they're still warm from the garden. In winter it's my homemade butternut squash bisque.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    sadiebrawl wrote: »
    Right now i'm on a cherry kick. And I also look forward to my daily smoothie. which is 3/4 veggie, 1/4 fruit with coconut water.

Forgot about cherries. I've had 3-4 lbs of Rainier cherries this week... no regrets
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Cucumbers, guacamole, chia seed gel with unsweetened coconut, sauteed spinach, almond butter. And lots of water. I swear, I can't go anywhere without a full bottle of water.
  • forgivensins
    forgivensins Posts: 90 Member
    PB and apple; lettuce and tomato (the yellow sunkist ones especially); I crave fresh herbs too (especially parsley). Let's see what else; sweet potato sometimes. Been craving cherries and grapes lately too.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    I've been on a real ice cream kick lately. Made enough room in the fridge to get justify getting something new. :wink:

If you're talking about nutrient dense foods... carrots. Hated em for years too
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    soy-yogurt has been a major crave for me lately, almonds too.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Berries! Have them almost daily.

Meat, on occasion. I don't eat much of it, so every once in a while I seriously crave it. Then I have some for a couple days and I'm good until a couple weeks later when the craving hits. :)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Ice cream or flaming hot cheetos if it fits my cals for the day.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm not going to start. Prepping for a comp and following my diet plan.... I'm great at being compliant, and it's "healthy" on paper, just monotonous in taste and textures.

I eat "healthily" normally, just more variety and flexibility.
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    berries, cherries--especially the rainier ones, apricots, veggies and hummus, plain popcorn, apples and peanut butter/almond butter