WHY...WHY...DO I LOVE YOU CAKE!!

Options
Omg!! I have tried to follow this program for a month with no success. Dam you vanilla cake!!!! OK so I changed my goals to 1.5 a week I need some wiggle room. Wish me luck !!!! Please

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Why can't you just fit cake into your day? :huh:
  • thompsonmurdock
    thompsonmurdock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well... I will not lie.... I will eat an entire cake..... I know, don't say it !!! I did give my self some more leadway, hopefully I can Restrain my self from eating so much.. Thank you
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Well... I will not lie.... I will eat an entire cake..... I know, don't say it !!! I did give my self some more leadway, hopefully I can Restrain my self from eating so much.. Thank you

That is usually from restricting yourself too much. Moderation is key.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Switch to pie because it is more deliciouser.

QFT

Bonus points for "a la mode"
  • thompsonmurdock
    Options
    Stop it!!!! Now I want pie...ummmm pie
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Just shove the cake in your piehole, everyone wins ;)
  • thompsonmurdock
    Options
    Lol !! But my butt isn't happy lol
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Don't restrict yourself completely. That will only make you eventually give in and binge eat. Try to keep cake out of your home so that your forced to look at other options while craving something sweet. OR try cutting the cake into portion-sized pieces when you first get it, package them individually (in a tupperware container, bag or whatever) and that way you can just grab a pre-sliced piece and know that it's your limit. That would be easy to fit into your day!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Well, if you changed your goal to lose 1 pound a week, that would give you a bit more in the way of calories and you'd still be able to progress in weight loss. Then you could eat all the nutrients plus maybe have a bit of room for some treat each day.

As far as the whole cake, would it help to make cupcakes instead? You could indulge in 2 cupcakes and feel really treated, but have a stopping point before the whole thing is gone. I'm making 2 assumptions here - that you can create a way to store the other cupcakes out of sight (I have a cupcake tray thing with a plastic lid, great for transporting, but also for closing them up and putting them in the cupboard); and that you're making these treats yourself, since 2 homemade cupcakes are generally about the same calories and 1 "normal" serving of cake, where I don't know anything about store bought cupcakes with all the frosting. (You might be able to find similar tricks for other treats)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I find having kids helps... you can't make cake/pie/cookies, etc or have ice cream in the house and eat it all. They'll find a way to devour 3/4 of it for you.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I had cake today, yummmm! :)
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    I find having kids helps... you can't make cake/pie/cookies, etc or have ice cream in the house and eat it all. They'll find a way to devour 3/4 of it for you.

As a mom of 5, yes, this really can be true (honestly, sometimes I'm lucky to just get the 1 piece :lol: )

However, I'm not sure having kids is exactly conducive to the losing weight goal. That's kinda why I'm here. :kissing_heart:

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Omg!! I have tried to follow this program for a month with no success. Dam you vanilla cake!!!! OK so I changed my goals to 1.5 a week I need some wiggle room. Wish me luck !!!! Please

No success? Are you weighing your food and using the correct entries and the recipe builder? If it's simply a matter of eating too much cake, well, I feel ya.

• Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I could eat an entire cake too, but I don't. Self control!!! Earn your cake.

Wednesday night i had 2 pieces of cake, cup and a half of ice cream and 12 ounces of chocolate milk. earned it by running 6 miles and eating clean during the day.
  • velveteen7845
    velveteen7845 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love cake, chocolate, ice cream and desserts in general. I just don't keep any of them in the house. I will plan for a treat 1 day a week and I go out to get a single serving so I'm not tempted by having desserts around all the time. It has been working really well for the last 11.5 months and I have lost more than 90 pounds.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Cake is one of the things I tend to avoid... moderation is hard for me, especially as it's typically just so much better the first day.
  • sdraper2014
    sdraper2014 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I decorate specialty cakes, but I make so many I don't really ever want cake anymore. So while I make a lot of them, I am kind of meh on cake and and I leave them at other people's houses! Want me to come to a baby shower and bring cake, birthday party? No problem, but under no circumstances will I take any left overs home, you order cake, you get allll the cake. I have one tiny piece and the rest is not my problem!

Cake anyone?

ku0tlhw3n6rw.jpg
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I only bake when there are people around to eat it, otherwise I will chip away at whatever is baked until it's all gone. I really love cake.

NB. 'Chip away' is a figurative term. My baking is actually quite good!
  • thompsonmurdock
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! All great great ideas. Thanks