Fit Girl's Guide

Options
I want to reccomend the book "Fit Girl's Guide" to any one who's trying a healthier lifestyle! As the name suggests its aimed at girls but guys can jump in too. Can't put into words how much it has revolutionized my views on nutrition, exercise, and my body. Any other fit girls on here?

Replies

• gs0403
    gs0403 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Was thinking of trying it! Not sure yet!
  • amg10299
    amg10299 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    gs0403 wrote: »
    Was thinking of trying it! Not sure yet!
    It's definitely worth it! I cannot sing its praises enough. :)
  • gs0403
    gs0403 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    amg10299 wrote: »
    I want to reccomend the book "Fit Girl's Guide" to any one who's trying a healthier lifestyle! As the name suggests its aimed at girls but guys can jump in too. Can't put into words how much it has revolutionized my views on nutrition, exercise, and my body. Any other fit girls on here?

What's it about? I was thinking about it but I'm not sure about it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    amg10299 wrote: »

LOTS of fit girls and guys are on this site. What's the premise of the book? What's so different about it?
  • bingo_jenn
    bingo_jenn Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I did the 28 day jumpstart from it.

It basically is a meal and exercise plan. After you do the 28 days, they still have other suggestions for meals in the book that you can use to mix and match further weeks. I liked it because the recipes are for a single serving, so it makes it easier to cook for one. It has a nice meal prep guide, too.

It's not free, but it's cheap enough and a nice way to get into the prepping/planning without doing a ton of research.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Interesting. Single serve recipes may be helpful for some. Thanks for the info. FWIW, I personally don't think paying for a program is worth it, but different things work for different people.
  • bingo_jenn
    Options
    I think the other piece that people like is that it has a huge Instagram presence. Every one is incredibly positive and they do little challenges throughout the jumpstart. I didn't get into the IG too much, but I could see how someone would like it.

I also agree that paying for things isn't always worth it, but since it's a one time expense (the book is $20-ish with some discount codes), I found it worth it for the recipes as a single person. I could jump in on the IG challenges at anytime now that I own the book.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Ah, being able to access it long-term is a nice perk. Plus, the Instagram thing. A lot of people use that as well. Thank you again for the additional info.
  • kyrah702
    kyrah702 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What do you guys think about the meal plan? I'm concerned that the groceries will be extremely expensive(past meal plans I've looked at have been)

What about the exercises they give you, can they be done in the home? I don't believe in gym memberships lol
  • bingo_jenn
    Options
    Kyrah - I'm in DC and groceries tend to be a little more expensive. I spent between $60-75 for the food. I'm sure if I would have done some comparison shopping for the produce, I could have dropped the cost a little bit ($10-15?).

The exercises are at-home exercises, so you'll be fine there. :)
  • terianderson65
    terianderson65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started yesterday!
  • archintrain
    archintrain Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just started today!!!
  • natyack
    natyack Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bumping this, I started the 10/26 challenge too! Anyone else on board? I'm @fit.girl.natalie on instagram
  • 915kat
    915kat Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bumping this back up! I love this program; on week 4 of 28 day jumpstart! I spend roughly $20-$40 per week on groceries, though that includes groceries for the whole family. I tend to add match weekly! I modify the recepiea as per whats on sale. I'm fit.girl.kat.915 on IG.