Thoughts on garcinia cambogia?

Options
I am normally completely against taking any kind of pill to lose weight. I believe in eating healthy and exercise. Recently a friend told me about garcinia cambogia, and had me watch the Dr. Oz clip on YouTube where he talks about how great it is. It sounds too good to be true. I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried it, or knows anyone who tried it? What your results were? Or anything that you can tell me about it?

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    If Dr. Oz promotes something, do the exact opposite. Gardenia Cambodia has been discussed ad nauseum. Use the search feature to read about it and then save your money.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Save your money.
    Oz is a quack
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Dont waste your money. Anything dr oz says is asinine.
    Theres no quick fixes. There's no replacement for hard work.
    If there was really a magic pill that made people thin, then why would we all be here logging our foods ?
    Diet pills dont work. Calorie deficit for weight loss
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Waste of time and money.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    I heard it's woo

and Dr. Oz is full of *kitten*

he had to testify in a Congressional hearing about his *kitten*
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    It's too good to be true
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Agree with others, Oz needs to go away. He has lost so much credibility, if he said snickers help you lose weight, I might stop eating them just because he said it.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Scam. Don't buy.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    It's a scam, and disgusting for preying on people who want to lose weight through its deceitful advertising.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I tried it, it didn't work
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    It doesn't work for the amount they suggest you take. Try like 3x's, and even still, the effect is pretty insignificant.
  • Megan__Marie
    Megan__Marie Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I kind of figured as much. I just wanted to hear from other people. It shows me that I should always go with my first instincts. Thank you guys all so much for your help!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I kind of figured as much. I just wanted to hear from other people. It shows me that I should always go with my first instincts. Thank you guys all so much for your help!

You dont need anything but a food scale ! No need for pills. Weight loss ~Calorie deficit
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Your bank account will lose weight.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    Your bank account will lose weight.

:tongue:
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My co-worker saw me browsing the forums here one day and asked me if I had heard about that and she could barely even pronounce it properly. I'm assuming it's some fancy herb or something? I just kind of stared at her.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    benzieboxx wrote: »
    My co-worker saw me browsing the forums here one day and asked me if I had heard about that and she could barely even pronounce it properly. I'm assuming it's some fancy herb or something? I just kind of stared at her.

Did the exchange go like this?

JjJ1GOG.gif
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You lost me at Dr. Oz.