CHEAT DAY

Options
2»

Replies

• jaketaylor1391
    jaketaylor1391 Posts: 29 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Cheat day.. for most people that means just eat more because most people dont eat clean they just cut calories which is fine but it may cause plateauing. But for the few who do eat clean (and i mean meal preping like ten containers of brown rice and chicken for every lunch for the next ten days) cheat day doesnt have to mean eating more calories it just mean quenching all of those desires for bad foods that you have. A cheat day is basically like a sanity check for those people who do eat clean. So yea that was a successful cheat day if you're a clean eater. If you are not a clean eater and you just cut calories im not really familiar with why a cheat day is needed so i cant really give you an answer. But Keep in mind a cheat day serves no prupose (fitness wise) what so ever so you cannot mess up a cheat day because a cheat day in its self is all ready "messed up". Refeed days however are a completely different story, their are many fitness youtubers (hodgetwins chrisjones matt ogus) that give many inaightful tips on diesting and refeed days if you want some more info.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Cheat day.. for most people that means just eat more because most people dont eat clean they just cut calories which is fine but it may cause plateauing. But for the few who do eat clean (and i mean meal preping like ten containers of brown rice and chicken for every lunch for the next ten days) cheat day doesnt have to mean eating more calories it just mean quenching all of those desires for bad foods that you have. A cheat day is basically like a sanity check for those people who do eat clean. So yea that was a successful cheat day if you're a clean eater. If you are not a clean eater and you just cut calories im not really familiar with why a cheat day is needed so i cant really give you an answer. But Keep in mind a cheat day serves no prupose (fitness wise) what so ever so you cannot mess up a cheat day because a cheat day in its self is all ready "messed up". Refeed days however are a completely different story, their are many fitness youtubers (hodgetwins chrisjones matt ogus) that give many inaightful tips on diesting and refeed days if you want some more info.

OP, ignore this quoted post.

You'll have much more "sanity" if you don't think of foods as "clean" or "good" or "bad".

We already have enough problems staying within a calorie and macro limit, without dealing with guilt and shame when we "have" to "cheat to quench our desires".