A Good body gets more attention

Options
AnaRamirez27743
AnaRamirez27743 Posts: 1 Member
edited June 2015 in Motivation and Support
;) this is my new goal so I need more motivation :D .

Replies

• daphne626
    daphne626 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I agree, you certainly get more looks of your body is good but I am at a plateau.....can't eat any less without making myself ill....
    What shall I do? ?
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Try switching up your workouts either in entensity or duration.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Attention from whom?
    Why are you looking for attention?
    What kind of attention?

Personally part of why I was over weight was because I didn't want attention. I still don't. So I guess I don't really understand what you mean by this being your goal.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    It does. And attention is not always welcome! I have almost wanted to say, "may I help you?" To some of my attention-givers.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You mean attention from others? is that what you want? I didnt know whether you mean to get a good body or maintain then you need to work on it more.
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    True Story.
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Attention isn't always a good thing. Obviously it depends on the person but... the other day I had a guy hit on me and I'm the type of person who gets very uncomfortable in those situations so I just flashed my ring and he backed off. Sure, it's nice but not what I am looking for. If that's what you want good luck you'll get there.
  • gravityisalie
    gravityisalie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Attention from whom?
    What kind of attention?

Personally part of why I was over weight was because I didn't want attention. I still don't. So I guess I don't really understand what you mean by this being your goal.

i agree , i hate attention. Negative or positive. I often get comments on my unusual eye colour , my natural tan or my accent.

i am who i am

• Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    In and of itself this is true but it should be treated as a fringe benefit. You shouldn't use this as your primary motivation. It won't sustain you through the hard times. Why do YOU want a good body?...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I got more attention when my booty was bigger, before I lost weight-actually.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are saying.....I spent many years basically feeling like I was invisible....then I lost 50lb, gained some muscle, could actually wear fitting clothes that flattered my figure and bam!!....I wasn't invisible anymore....at first it was very flattering, but then I started to think, "oh, ok, now it's fine to acknowledge me, but not before?"....I wanted to say to people, "I'm the same person on the inside."....I still get looks, whistles, honks as I'm walking down the street and comments now and then from strangers....now that I'm not single anymore, I find it uncomfortable...as if it's somehow disrespecting my guy....anyway, I lost weight in the first place for me and so I could set a healthy example for my daughter....the attention was just a side effect....
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    daphne626 wrote: »
    I agree, you certainly get more looks of your body is good but I am at a plateau.....can't eat any less without making myself ill....
    What shall I do? ?

Do you lift weights?...
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    babason2 wrote: »
    In and of itself this is true but it should be treated as a fringe benefit. You shouldn't use this as your primary motivation. It won't sustain you through the hard times. Why do YOU want a good body?...

This.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Attention from whom?
    What kind of attention?

Co-sign, working on that.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    You could try being interesting, fun and smart...that works too. :)

I also like attention, but there are times when it can almost be too much. Last Sunday, I got hit on 8 times...just walking around my neighborhood and doing normal things. I am pretty gregarious, but even so, I wonder if it will be too much if I ever do get to my goal weight.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    It is so hard to be 60 years old and still getting so much attention. Frankly, it's wearing me out.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    For me it is opposite.....I got more attention and body compliments at 150+ then I ever did before, which was when I GAINED weight and lost muscle. So I really wouldn't put any consideration into the "attention" the good body will get you. Do what you want for you. I actually started wearing my greatgrandmother's diamond ring on my left hand so men would back off a bit. Seriously all that did was have them ask oh, so you are married? LOL. I would gladly give you all of this attention. But it is nice to know that many many many men like curves. Even the very hot very fit ones :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    It's primordial attention though. Basically just someone who may be attracted subconsciously just want to mate. Of course if that's the attention you want, then being in shape will work. But don't expect to find a compatible person because of it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png