After being on mfp fpr a year I lost the weight! 3 yearss later I gained a little of it back. I'd

Options
After being on mfp fpr a year I lost the weight! 3 years later I gained a little of it back. I want to lose 15 -20 lbs for my niece's bat mitzvah in Oct so here I am again.

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Ask your self what will be different this time and what happens after October? Will you sustain this time?

Stay with MFP as long as you need to... hell I think I will be doing this for quite sometime...
  • jilers
    jilers Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My issue is I don't want to think about my weight everyday for the rest of my life. I want it to become automatic. When I did it before it was for a year and it worked but again how long????

• vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I completely relate to your comment about not wanting to think about it all the time. I'm having success here, but I think about losing weight all day long. It's tiring! Can I keep it off when/if I stop thinking about weight loss all the time? Can maintaining become automatic? I hope so, but research suggests many people regain.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    This happened to me as well. I lost 27 pounds a couple of years ago but gained half of it back because I quit being vigilant and went back to some bad habits. It was a wake-up call for me. I am coming to the conclusion that I am going to have to keep track of my intake forever. Thank goodness this app is free!
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I am back again as well..... I have actually figured out this time though it really only takes an extra100 calories a day to pack on an additional10 pounds a year :/ So for me, I am going to continue being diligent and keep it off this time. Much easier than the hard work required to lose those same sneaky pounds. Good luck on your journey <3
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I am too not first time losing but this time is different for me because it clicked in my head that this is not a diet and I will NOT go back to "eating as before" as that "eating as before" got me overweight. I just reached my goal and now preparing to drop a few more pounds and then begin transitioning to maintenance.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    jilers wrote: »
    My issue is I don't want to think about my weight everyday for the rest of my life. I want it to become automatic. When I did it before it was for a year and it worked but again how long????

As long as you pay attention to how your clothes fit and take action, you'll be fine. Measure your waist once a week or once ever 2 weeks or something.