trying to get my old, fit, body back

Options
Ive been trying for months to get my old body back, its harder than I thought though. This app does help, but I still forget to excersize daily. Any suggestions?

Replies

• MissVero83
    MissVero83 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have you tried apps that pay you for exercising/charge you if you don't? I use Pact and after some growing pains, it works well for me. The concept is basically that you commit to exercising x amount of times per week and if you don't, they charge you (you can pick the amount, $5 per missed workout and up). They also have a pact for food logging (syncs with MFP) and a veggie pact.If you complete all your workouts/food pact(s), they won't charge you and you get paid (I get about $1.50/week for 5 workouts and 5 food logs.) So you won't get rich off of it but not being charged is a good motivation! And you can let them know if you have a medical emergency and need to pause and take a break if you need to (starts with the next week).
    The workout pact syncs with fitbit and other devices (10000 steps/day count as completing your workout) and has a motion tracker for at home workouts (30min+ counts as a workout). You can also "check in" at your gym with it, if it's recognized by the app (I've never done this since I don't have a gym membership). Also syncs with runkeeper and other apps. The motion tracker can be a bit iffy - if I have my phone in my armband, it only works if I move my arms vigorously (i.e. while running), so during most of my bodyweight/cardio workouts at home, I just hold my phone in my hand.
    Good luck!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You forget? I doubt that very much

So what excuses are you making not to exercise?

And why do you think you need to workout daily?

What kind of workouts are you doing?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Also please explain the user name
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

second.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You forget to exercise? Are you sure you're not avoiding it... I find that a little bit odd.

• daaaaaanielle
    daaaaaanielle Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

I third this.

You can't "forget" to exercise, you can only avoid it. If you're not exercising, you're making excuses.
  • daaaaaanielle
    daaaaaanielle Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    also it says OP is 18 years old? I'd just like to point out that if you're aiming for the body you had aged 15, it's not gonna happen.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Troll post.