How do you keep on tract when you are on the go?!?!

Options
Well it's then end of a very long day, of unexpected plans. :yawn: Does anyone else ever have those days, where one thing leads to another and another and your plans are shot. :noway: Anyhoo, I found myself on the road all day today and I blew my calorie count by almost 550 :sad: Does anyone have any tips of how I can be better prepared for being on the road and also for when one gets caught up in a day and winds up on plan C. :huh: Thanks a bunch:flowerforyou:

Replies

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    good ole pen and paper
  • Larola76
    Larola76 Posts: 4
    Options
    Plan,plan
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Keep some protein/meal bars in your purse or brief case! They can be a quick meal so you avoid the drive-thrus!
  • HisBeloved65
    HisBeloved65 Posts: 186
    Options
    I keep an insulated lunch bag with me that has fruits and veggies (lots of them) some string cheese and usually a slimfast meal bar or 2 just in case I end up not being able to get somewhere that I can choose a good meal.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    1. Plan ahead as much as possible
    and
    2. Use the MFP mobile app! I have it on my iPod, so it only will sync with the website when I'm near WIFI, but it still keeps track of my calories very nicely! =)
  • oregon86
    oregon86 Posts: 8
    Options
    Use either MFP app on your phone or the note pad on your phone to track everything you eat and drink or just plain pen and paper. Also pack like a protien bar or two with you to stop cravings.
  • ariesangel
    ariesangel Posts: 15
    Options
    i just roll with the punches and if i go over one day, i either try to find time that day to do some good cardio to balance it out and if i cant, i work extra hard the rest of the week. i had one of those weekends this weekend-wasnt home for 4 straight days for meals so i had little control over what was made and how it was prepared most of those days. but unlike in the past when i end up blowing my diet to smithereens, this time im just going to keep on trucking.
  • ritamerlot
    ritamerlot Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    love the android app...if you have an iphone or droid, the app is a major plus.
  • haolegurl07
    haolegurl07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I always have granola bars, and different 100 calorie snacks in my car. Never leave with out them. JUST IN CASE. And also, I try to plan EVERYTHING out. If there's a possibility I wont make it home, I pack something I can have on the road.

Basically, it comes down to being prepared for those crazy days as well! :) You can do it!
  • haolegurl07
    haolegurl07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! And Also my android app! LOVE IT!!
  • ms_debbieg
    ms_debbieg Posts: 34
    Options
    I make a a batch of ceral, nuts & dried fruits divide it into snack size ziplock baggies. The good thing I can keep it in my car, it doesn't melt, spoil or need any real attention. I can eat while I'm driving, throw one in my purse or backpack when I need too. Otherwise I hear drive thrus calling me!!!! I try to keep bottled water in my car but living in Texas it gets so hot that I have found I have to make myself behave when I go thru a drive thru & just order unsweet ice tea.
  • lalalalyndsey
    lalalalyndsey Posts: 565
    Options
    Keeping healthy snacks on hand is always a good plan... If you are eating a bunch of healthy stuff during the day, its better than eating one big unhealthy meal! And I also make sure to use my phone app before I eat anything! Hope this helps! :D
  • isabelrod
    isabelrod Posts: 1
    Options
    I work 2 partime jobs and on the go all day long. but with both jobs I am on my feet and 1 is moving for 7hrs and the other standing for 6 hrs. I put some kelloggs fiber plus when I need something sweet, sml pkgs of pistachios 1.25 oz when I need salt in my purse. They are not hight in calories, fat and helps me from wanting junk food. When I am stressing I need to eat so this keeps me satisfied for a moment or when I can actually eat something good.
  • Shandke
    Shandke Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Yah....I do have those days! I eat out every day because I am too lazy to pack something to take. So get out the mobile ap or do some research to find those fast foods that don't break the diet! Look and plan so you know what you like and what type of calorie impact it will have. Just from my schedule I pretty much know what I like and what the calories are at most places along the way. If you track, you will learn to find things that fill you up, satisfy you and about how many calories. Also know that everyone has "those" days! Just don't let them derail you completely and get back on that horse again!
  • newmercy4me
    newmercy4me Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions and ideas, I took another look at my chart and realized a typo so I was only over by 100 not 550 but I still just didn't feel good about the foods that I had - way too many carbs and fats. I am def going to use some of your great suggestions :flowerforyou:
  • pbolton16
    pbolton16 Posts: 87
    Options
    Have to be prepared!! take a sat and find some foods online through mfp that typically you would eat on the good at a fast food place etc.. If you don't have the mobile app just use a pen and paper and write them down. There is always a way!