I ran for the first time

Options
h20sks
h20sks Posts: 11 Member
I am super geeked about my walk today! I finally got my appetite back so I decided to go for a walk. Last week I did 5.25 miles and burned 837 calories. Today I did 5.10 miles and burned 827 calories. Difference is I ran today! Not the entire time but baby steps lol

Replies

• tesemarie
    tesemarie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Doesn't it feel good to run? Well, it hurts a little ;) -- but before I picked up to running intervals, I was walking so fast that once I started running it was almost a relief to finally go faster! I do about 5 miles 4-5 times a week now with intermittent running. Today I did couch to 5k during the first 2 miles and then walked the rest. It is an awesome accomplishment for you to have run! Congrats!!!
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Great job!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I ran for the first time at the end of May. I have also been doing C25K and I add a little more running each day. It is amazing how quickly I have progressed.

Keep up the good work!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! My fitbit is set for 5k steps *shame*, lol.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    good job! just keep adding to the time you run and you'll be running 5 miles in no time!
  • Ejmends
    Ejmends Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • h20sks
    h20sks Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I love the encouragement.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! I've recently started to run too, and I'm finding that it is a beautiful thing to learn what your body can do. Keep up the baby steps, and soon you'll be running miles if that's what you want!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Keep on moving!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!