Motivation for those struggling...

Options
kschamlu
kschamlu Posts: 19 Member
edited June 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hey MFP friends,

After a successfully losing 34 pounds in the past year and becoming a UK size 8, I've gradually lost my motivation and discipline over the past few weeks. On an almost daily basis I'm going over my calorie allowance by 100-200 calories, however in the past week I have gone over by 1000+ TWICE. I've been very honest with myself and logged everything...but it stops NOW!

I'm writing this post to remind myself of why I actually started this journey and everything positive that has come out of it.
  • I have so much more confidence
  • I feel so much healthier
  • Everyday is easier
  • My quality of life has increased 100 fold
  • I have more energy
  • I love treating myself to new clothes
  • As superficial as it may sound, people take me more seriously
  • I'm living life to the full!
I'm going to be 100% committed to this now and get back on it before I start to undo my hard work!

Please add me as a friend if you need any support or food ideas...I have an open diary! Also, I have plenty of motivational quotes and food pictures on my Instagram 'KatSchamlu'...feel free to add me.

Here's to a life of health and happiness.

Replies

• JenforHealth
    JenforHealth Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your story! I was feeling so good starting out, healthier and wt loss.
    Old habits die hard.
    Let's return to this commitment!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    It gets so tedious to measure, log and track after awhile, doesn't it! I like your re-motivational dot points. However, some people also feel it helps them to take a bit of a break and eat at maintenance for a couple of weeks or so. You still need to measure and track, but you don't have to be quite so strict.
  • stefanosb8
    stefanosb8 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good for you for catching it early! I'm on my third round of weight loss because I allowed myself to slip into old habits. I love the motivation. I can relate to all of the benefits you listed. Good luck. I need some motivation too. Consistency is the key for me.