25 days in & only down 5lbs...what's wrong?

Options
tharris916
tharris916 Posts: 12 Member
Ok, so I've been using this app for 25 days and for the longest time I thought my brand new scale was broken, but it's not. I'm staying within &/or under my calorie count & expected the fat just to melt off. Uhh yeah my pipe dream b/c that's not happening. I weighed in today & I lost 2.7lbs for a total of 5lbs. What am I doing wrong??? Heeeeelp!

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Your actually doing great. 5Lbs in 25 days is great!
    Just be sure that your weighing everything you consume with a food scale and logging it accurately.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,927 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong, it sounds like you're doing everything right. 25 days is 3.5 weeks. You're losing at a rate of 1.4 lbs/week.

Keep up the good work.
  • finallyfitcanuck
    finallyfitcanuck Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    5 lbs in one month sounds quite moderate and healthy.

10 lbs per month, for example, would take a great deal of intense effort, and may not be sustainable in the long term.

Could you add in more details like what physical activities you're doing, and how intense they are? That is one (of many) things that could affect the amount of weight you're losing.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    As everyone else stated this is a normal healthy result. If you lost more this would very likely return just as quickly. Think marathon, not sprint and be patient.
  • ascendingenergy
    ascendingenergy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else in noting that 5 lbs in a month is pretty good. That said, if you are looking to do more with your food plan, try adding some exercise, if you are not doing it already.

Also, you might try looking into gaining the assistance of a local nutritionist. I went this route because my county offers this service at the public health department. It's free for us but I had to get my doc to refer me. Nothing like having a little extra help along the way.

Good luck and keep up the good work. ;)
  • beansandchips
    beansandchips Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Nothing...you are doing great!
  • deceived1
    deceived1 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You didn't put on all of your weight overnight, and you're not going to take it off overnight.

Great work and loss so far. Keep up the great work! :smile:
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing great! More than this has the potential risk of not getting the proper nutrients.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    sounds good to me!
  • kimberlyjoy159
    kimberlyjoy159 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above responses. I have lost five pounds in 22 days, and feel like I am losing at a healthy sustainable weight.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    The only thing wrong is your expectations. You're doing great!
  • Samy63
    Samy63 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just wish that I can do as good as you are doing, 5lbs in 25 days sounds good to me.
    Keep up the good work
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work and remember that it wasn't put on overnight.
  • arv51862
    arv51862 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    As much as we ALL wish that the pounds would just fall off and that the fat would just melt away, It's not that quick or easy. That said, You are off to a great start actually ! Just stay the course & you will get to your goal. Sounds like you may need to adjust your expectations of the time involved, but you really are off to a great start ! Keep on keepin' on ! =o)
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    5lbs?...and your annoyed?...I'd be pretty happy with that.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    As others have said, you are losing at a very healthy rate for 25 days. You need to accept that losing anything is progress and trying to lose more than 2 lbs a week is too agressive for most people. You need to be patient if you want sustainable lasting change.
    There are other ways of measuring progress. If you have not taken body measurements and a progress picture then you might do that. Take measurements once a month or so.
    Maybe you'd like to set a fitness goal to work toward and monitor your progress toward that.
  • tharris916
    Options
    Thanks I'll give that a try
  • tharris916
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Nothing is wrong, it sounds like you're doing everything right. 25 days is 3.5 weeks. You're losing at a rate of 1.4 lbs/week.

Keep up the good work.

• tharris916
    Options
    Thanks, I guess I expected more. But your right I just need to keep it up & stay on track
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    tharris916 wrote: »
    Thanks, I guess I expected more. But your right I just need to keep it up & stay on track

Yep - weight loss slows down as we get closer to goal. 2 pounds a week is generally for those folks 75+ pounds overweight. You are doing great!