No need for real food - Weightloss math

Options
senecarr
senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
It's pretty simple, you don't want real food to lose weight. You want imaginary food and pie.
In math, imaginary numbers are denoted with i, and pie is denoted with π.
A simple, elegant mathematical formula is e^(i*π) = -1. You can Google that it's real math (well techinically, real and imaginary math, which is why math is called complex).
Therefore, if you combine imaginary food with pie, you get negative calories, and you can eat whatever else you want and lose weight.

Replies

• marynorbeck93
    marynorbeck93 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I love this logic. :D:D
  • senecarr
    Options
    It is one of the more elegant and interesting equations in math.
    Truth be told, I always feel like π is overplayed as a nerdy number, and e is actually far better - it just doesn't look as interesting. π is involved in anything with a curvature, big deal. e is involved with almost anything that is increasing or decreasing based on the existing amount, which means it applies to almost every single reaction rate out there.
  • shoppingmaniac86
    shoppingmaniac86 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    I think I want real food
  • vypressme
    vypressme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    So complex carbs are real and imaginary... At the same time?

Meowza.
  • senecarr
    Options
    vypressme wrote: »

Meowza.

Yes, that is why they cause less weight gain than simple carbs. The complex carb math cancels some of the calories. You could get the same effect mixing the right simple sugars, and baking, into pie.
  • vypressme
    vypressme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    So if you bake a round pie, it's more calories because it has another pie in it, and if you bake a squared pie you should multiply the calories by the same number.
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    vypressme wrote: »

Meowza.

Sounds like Schrodinger's cat lol it's alive and dead at the same time. At work we have this theory that food give to us by others (Hospice, Nursing...etc) has no calories because we did not seek it out but it came to us. Like a gift from the gods!

:smiley: