i NEED motivation / SUPPORT :(

Options
today i went way over my calories (almost 700 calories over). i've been so good for the past week and a half with food and exercise, but today i felt the need to reward myself with food and a break from my consecutive 10 day gym workouts.

is one day going to mess up my weight loss? yesterday i was almost 800 calories under so does it about even out? i feel so down on myself and so bad for doing this, i know tomorrow's a new day, and im going to try to sneak in an extra workout to even things out, but i feel so badly.

Replies

• BBaley2720
    BBaley2720 Posts: 13
    Options
    Actually shocking your body by eating over your caloric rate can be very helpful in speeding up your metabolism again. If you want to know more about this you should google information on restoring your glycogen levels and your leptin levels
  • goldbull
    goldbull Posts: 9
    Options
    I know what you mean by feeling bad about it. I feel bad if i'm even 10 calories over. Forgive yourself for it and move on. Just keep that feeling in mind when your tempted to go over again. I think that will be motivation enough to keep you on a straight path. You didn't come this far to throw it all away. Tomorrow is gonna be a great day and you will get back on course. Probably no big harm done since you had some extra calories that you didn't use from the day before.
  • Nickole71
    Nickole71 Posts: 6
    Options
    I dont recommend doing it often.... however, dont beat yourself up over it. Sometimes if we eat too far under one day it can make us feel hungrier the next day. Tomorrow is a new day.... just jump back on the wagon and keep up the good work at the gym!!

Best of Luck to you!!

Nickole
  • mostlysunny68
    Options
    Actually shocking your body by eating over your caloric rate can be very helpful in speeding up your metabolism again. If you want to know more about this you should google information on restoring your glycogen levels and your leptin levels

I believe the above post to be true.... Just don't make a little slip, a complete fall.

I slip from time to time.. But when I do it.. I plan it out.. When I do it that way.. I don't get the guilt. I ENJOY my little slip, and have no regrets.

You can do this... stay in the fight!!!
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    like you said babe new day tomorrow!
    make sure it was worth it and then start again tomorrow!

you allowed to fold every now and then and BBaley said its good to shock :)
  • goldbull
    goldbull Posts: 9
    Options
    Don't use food as a reward for all your hard work. I'm sure there are so many other rewards you could choose that don't involve calories or spending much money. It would be better to reward yourself with a day off at the gym. Go rent a DVD at Redbox and relax.
  • LaNocksi
    LaNocksi Posts: 16
    Options
    Ì think all what is written above is write, you will get used to this today is a new day and you will do better because you want to.
    But here are more tips to be motivated:
    Write on a paper WHY you want to loos weight and not just the obvious points also the deep personal points.
    Its just for you so you can go really private.
    Then write on a paper how your world would look like if you would loos this weight how would your life change.
    Write as much as you can and have this life straight in your head. But then you should also write a negativ version of it:
    What would be if you wont loos weight or even worse if you gain more weight? Again, write down exactly how your life woul look like: personaly, school/work und your health. Just think about it for a time and write it down.
    And the last point is the TRUTH what is your truth and why are you hiding it. Why couldnt you loose weight before or what happend? Just be clear in these points and that will be your motivation. I hope I could help.
  • kickboxer74
    kickboxer74 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hey girl, don;t fret about those extra calories. Keep in mind you need to comsume 3,500 calories over you BMR to gain one pound. It takes 3,500 extra calories to equate to one pound of fat. Put that day behind you and call it cheat day. Try to to be so hard on yourself, one day does not tumble over the tower and ruin everything. There is no need to have guilt in the weight lose journey, but you will need accountability with you are steering way off course. Don't think that after a bad day you need to make up for it, forget it and move on. That frame of thinking can lead to overtraining and muscle wasting. I saw an earlier post and that guy was right, a binge every once in a whille will reset your metabilism. So I say good job eating those 700 calories, now let's get back to work. With future extra calories: logg them, burn them, and forget them!.
  • ashley2789
    ashley2789 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am JUST like you. I will get on a good schedule with working out and eating right and then all of a sudden one mean with throw me off. The extra work out is a good idea but don't beat yourself up about it! You look awesome!