Yellow Squash

newbeginings392015
newbeginings392015 Posts: 2 Member
Any suggestions for an easy, flavorful way to make yellow squash? I am new to making it. Thanks!

Kim

Replies

• lonnie1954
    lonnie1954 Posts: 11 Member
    I use olive oil and cut up onions, yellow squash, zucchini and perfect pinch herb and garlic spice. I am careful on how much oil I use. I have an oil spritzer{ not sure what the correct name is lol } Cook till done. Sometimes I cook some type of pasta and put veggie mixture on top.
  • kristen_wino
    kristen_wino Posts: 67 Member
    I just found a yellow squash casserole recipe on YOUTUBE. It's under- Yellow Squash Caserole. BY: Allrecipes.
    It looks good.
  • GuineaKitty
    GuineaKitty Posts: 97 Member
    Make zucchini boats with them. I'm new to eating squash too but enjoying boiling it with a little salt.
  • hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    Saute the squash with sliced onion in a small amount of olive oil. Add a can of fire roasted tomatoes, and a pinch of cinnamon, plus salt/pepper to taste. Cover and simmer briefly till fork tender (but not mushy). It only takes a few minutes. Delicious! I was licking the plate :)
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,010 Member
    slice long-ways, drizzle with olive oil, season and grill. That's the only way I like it. But I think you can also sub it for any zucchini recipe.