I eat HOW much sugar??

Options
I decided I would spend the first week on here looking at what I normally eat. I knew I probably ate a little more sugar than I should, but I never thought I would go over my daily allotment by breakfast. Anyone else find they consume more than they ever imagined they would?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    just an fyi, the sugar macro is intended for added sugars, but it doesn't differentiate between added and natural. Your real sugars is counted in your carbs.
  • folgers86
    folgers86 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah. Way too much sugar and not NEARLY enough protein. I still fight with the protein but decreasing sugar was actually pretty easy ;)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I decided I would spend the first week on here looking at what I normally eat. I knew I probably ate a little more sugar than I should, but I never thought I would go over my daily allotment by breakfast. Anyone else find they consume more than they ever imagined they would?

I've never tracked sugar, it's never impacted on my weight loss.
  • jenniferrhurd
    jenniferrhurd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I decided to give up sugar 2 weeks ago and didn't know that there is so much sugar in pretty any type of processed food that you could think of, even those that don't taste sweet. I was shocked when I started reading labels. I am now able to say no to sugar pretty easily, but it was a rough 2 weeks.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I decided to give up sugar 2 weeks ago and didn't know that there is so much sugar in pretty any type of processed food that you could think of, even those that don't taste sweet. I was shocked when I started reading labels. I am now able to say no to sugar pretty easily, but it was a rough 2 weeks.

You don't eat fruit?
  • isabellacurtis94
    isabellacurtis94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I don't think I'll ever have the self control to completely cut sugar out of my diet, but I intend to cut down quite a bit. I shudder to think of the amount I was eating when I worked at a candy store for 2 years.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    No. I haven't looked at my sugar intake in months and months. My macros are okay, my calories are in line. I'm healthy with no medical conditions, so it does not matter.
  • stargirl85
    stargirl85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am being so much more careful since I started this with sugar yet I usually go over the guided amount. I used to eat flapjack, choc mousse, honey, snack bars, honey yoghurt daily. At one point I went mad on choc stuff and I would havebeen way over recommended. I Guess it's in our modern diet a lot.
    I won't have self control to completely cut things out my diet either but sugar... Im not entirely sure about people who say they've completely cut it out with natural occurring sugars.
    Im a bit low on protein too. If you wanna be friends on here that would be nice (op)
  • TeenageMutantNinjaMike
    Options
    I don't think I'll ever have the self control to completely cut sugar out of my diet, but I intend to cut down quite a bit. I shudder to think of the amount I was eating when I worked at a candy store for 2 years.

This was me too. I was looking at way too much sugar (3 20 oz sodas a day will do that). I cut back to just one and it is hard at times, but I know it's more of a requirement than an option.
  • cootason
    cootason Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sugar can be a pain in the butt to track I have had to cut down on almost all sugar, before I started my path to health I cant remember how many soft drinks I had a day, and junk foods and processed cereals and other things now I barely have any sugar at all, doing a ketogenic diet has helped me cut it right down something I thought I could never cut out.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I ignore what it says for sugar. Like Ninkyou said, it doesn't differentiate between sugar I might add to coffee and the natural sugar in a banana. So long as I'm okay on my carb macro (and over on my fiber, which is also included in carbs) I call it a day.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I completely ignore the sugar. Most of mine is from fruit and I'm not giving that up.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't even track sugar. I opt to track fiber and iron instead. There is no need to worry about sugar unless you have a medical reason to worry about it.

If you're counting calories and hitting your macros, you're already limiting sugar by default.