Insanity Caloric Intake

Options
Hi guys :smile: I'm starting Insanity tomorrow and used the calorie calculator provided in the nutrition guide. No pun intended. But the calories I'm supposed to eat seem insanely high even after subtracting the weight loss deficit! Have any of you actually eaten the amount recommended? Thanks!

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Well... it'd be pretty useful if you told us what amount of calories insanity told you to eat at? As well as your stats OP.
  • ItsNotByMight
    ItsNotByMight Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry. I'm supposed to eat 1900.

Weight: 160 lb
    Height: 5.5 ft (66 inches)
  • governatorkp
    governatorkp Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've burned through both months of Insanity. (And am now doing MAX30.. God.)

I've been following the meal plan, eating 2.600 calories a day as to where, before that, I used to eat 1.600.
    In those two months I did gain 2-3kg. However, in the end I looked way more fit, muscular and toned.

I would simply go with the recommended calories, and see what it does to your body.
    To me it was an adjustment the first week.
    By the time month 2 started I was indeed (as the Nutrition guide states as well) hungry often, and had to up my caloric intake!

I'm quite certain that sticking with the 1600 wouldn't have worked.
    I would certainly not have had enough energy to get the most out of the workouts.
    By the middle of week two, my metabolism clearly had kickstarted.
    I became hungry every 2 hours.

The method used to calculate the caloric needs isn't just unique for Insanity.
    It's one of the many ways to get a close-to-accurate estimation.

My advice? Go with it, and dig deep.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Insanity made me craaaaazy hungry... Gross 1900 cals isn't really a huge amount tbh
  • ItsNotByMight
    ItsNotByMight Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice guys :)
  • jnoegrah
    jnoegrah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    i went through finished a round of insanity and it got to the point where i let my diet lax a little because i was burning an absurd amount of calories and still lost weight.

• FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Insanity burns LOTS of calories. You will be hungry from all of the energy you use throughout those workouts. I finished it and followed the meal plan and loved my results. I was 172 lbs at 5'7, eating 2000-2100 calories a day. Lost 6 lbs, but it looked like I lost a lot more. And muscles in my back are now visible for the first time in my life, so that was a bonus :)
    Also, try to follow the 40/40/20. Carbs are going to be very important to get through the intense cardio that the program puts you through.
    As an insanity graduate, good luck!