Good fat burner supplement?

Options
criss999
criss999 Posts: 50 Member
I've been on the atkins diet and lost a lot of fat all over, except at my wobbly belly region. It's so stubborn that it won't even go eventhough i go back to induction for a good 2 weeks. I've heard about fat burners, that it aids as a catalyst for fat loss. Will including it in my diet help me reach my goal. By the way, I've never taken any supplement before, except for a cod liver oil capsule, every day. And i do some basic workout, since I'm home on my vacation, when i go back to college, i join a local gym. I've been going on and off till my sophomore year but I've been having some image issues lately so I've joined the gym Again in this year and I've been on it for 3 months straight, with the diet. So please suggest any good supplements, that would help me reach my goal

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    There are no fat burning supplements on the market that work. Save your money.

How far are you from your goal weight?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Cinnamon and chromium picolinate are good for balancing your blood sugar. Caffiene, amino acids and a baby aspirin might help with workouts.

I agree that there isn't a magic pill to burn fat.

Be patient, stay focused and use that gym membership. Be careful with low carb and adding exercise. You will need carbs for work outs. I've seen some girls fall out on a low carb diet. An apple or raspberries shouldn't throw you off track.

Good luck!
  • criss999
    Options

I don't know, I've lost 10 kilos in 3 months, from 79 to 69. My gym trainer says im underweight, since my ideal weight should be around 74 according to my height and age( 5'9" 20 years). But I want to keep getting low till the blob on my belly is completely gone. The calculator says 58 kilos, which is totally unrealistic, i don't know what to believe.

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Supplementation is a very minor piece to a very big puzzle.

There's a very short list of supplements that actually work and there's an even shorter list of supplements that you might benefit from but that depends on your current diet and training and as such, nobody can recommend a supplement that you need without knowing a lot about you and your training and diet.

If your training and diet are dialed in (and by that I mean you're on a well designed program and you're able to stick to and make progress on your current diet and training) then looking at some specific supplements to get that additional benefit makes sense.

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    criss999 wrote: »
    I don't know, I've lost 10 kilos in 3 months, from 79 to 69. My gym trainer says im underweight, since my ideal weight should be around 74 according to my height and age( 5'9" 20 years). But I want to keep getting low till the blob on my belly is completely gone. The calculator says 58 kilos, which is totally unrealistic, i don't know what to believe.

Have you considered a recomp? You can eat at maintenance and lift heavy weights. That is likely the solution that you are looking for. Give this thread a read-through: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1
  • Elise4270
    Options
    If you are underweight, you might add some strength training. Really at any weight it'd be a good way to get a fitter look.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Weight training, eating fewer calories than you burn. Viola.
  • Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Fat from your belly is the last to go in almost all cases. Just lose more.

If you are in america, you should easily be able to get Ephedrine. (controlled/monitored, but as far as i'm aware, its legal all over there).
    Using Caffeine (if you don't regularly drink coffee or energy drinks. Otherwise once you build the tolerance its useless until you lose the tolerance and become sensitive to it again), ephedrine and aspirin. Is a standard "fat loss" stack. As in, if you're in a calorie deficit and/or working out, it will enhance your weight loss results by a small bit.

Yohimbine I think is also legal in america. Yohimbe, yohimbine hcl, yohimbine bark. Or in some form or another.
    That can only be used while fasting (so in the mornings when you wake up, without eating), otherwise its ineffective for the most part. I can't vouch for it personally, but it does seem to target belly fat - whatever the science name for the type of fat that's stored in the gut area is - for the body to burn, rather than just general fat cells anywhere.
    But again, besides being fasted for the few hours when you're on it. You will still need a calorie deficit overall, and to be specifically exercising when on it.
    For those that complain about no such thing as "targeting fat in areas", look up the research on Yohimbine, rather than complain to me about it. Like I said, I can't personally vouch for it, but the research seems to be there. And it just like the ECA stack I mentioned, it might only give a small boost to weight loss speed or results. Not a miracle supplement.

Then there are two more supplements that can be used for fat loss. One being steroidal (i think) and illegal. The other one is not fit/used for human consumption and the slighest miscalculation or wrong doing on it, resulting pretty much in death. So no point in naming those two.

And basically EVERY SINGLE fat burning or weight loss or similar supplement you see online, doesn't do anything for fat loss.
    Any single ingredient supplement, being ineffective. They may have have some general small health benefits to being supplemented. Or there might be some effect regarding triglycerides or whatever. But they don't make you lose weight. And most likely have no enhancing effect to losing weight on calorie deficit / working out.
    The majority of 'fat burning formulae' will include some or all of these: caffeine, Capsaicin / cayenne pepper, l-carnitine , cla, green tea extract, raspberry ketones, or a host of other ingredients.
    Some in america containing ephedrine.
    Caffeine is good for increased heart rate, or sometimes blood pressure. And is the sole ingredient in the supplement formulas that makes you feel anything (due to heart pumping fast / alertness)
    But if you have a tolerance to it (you regularly drink coffee or energy drinks, then it doesn't do even that.

Obviously, those containing Ephedrine, might have some enhancing effect on your results if you're already in a calorie deficit and/or working out. But Anything else, is pretty much ineffective
  • criss999
    edited June 2015
    Options

Have you considered a recomp? You can eat at maintenance and lift heavy weights. That is likely the solution that you are looking for. Give this thread a read-through: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

Thanks for the info, I'll certainly look into it

Elise4270 wrote: »
    Cinnamon and chromium picolinate are good for balancing your blood sugar. Caffiene, amino acids and a baby aspirin might help with workouts.

Be patient, stay focused and use that gym membership. Be careful with low carb and adding exercise. You will need carbs for work outs. I've seen some girls fall out on a low carb diet. An apple or raspberries shouldn't throw you off track.

Good luck!

I agree, i have a bowl of oatmeal as a preworkout snack before I hit the gym. And also, could you mention the company or product name, that you tried or think is effective.
    If you are underweight, you might add some strength training. Really at any weight it'd be a good way to get a fitter look.

I'm certainly into some basic strength training. But i feel, all my gains are being lost because of the diet.
  • criss999
    Options
    Spyer116 wrote: »
    Fat from your belly is the last to go in almost all cases. Just lose more.

If you are in america, you should easily be able to get Ephedrine. (controlled/monitored, but as far as i'm aware, its legal all over there).
    Using Caffeine (if you don't regularly drink coffee or energy drinks. Otherwise once you build the tolerance its useless until you lose the tolerance and become sensitive to it again), ephedrine and aspirin. Is a standard "fat loss" stack. As in, if you're in a calorie deficit and/or working out, it will enhance your weight loss results by a small bit.

Yohimbine I think is also legal in america. Yohimbe, yohimbine hcl, yohimbine bark. Or in some form or another.
    That can only be used while fasting (so in the mornings when you wake up, without eating), otherwise its ineffective for the most part. I can't vouch for it personally, but it does seem to target belly fat - whatever the science name for the type of fat that's stored in the gut area is - for the body to burn, rather than just general fat cells anywhere.
    But again, besides being fasted for the few hours when you're on it. You will still need a calorie deficit overall, and to be specifically exercising when on it.
    For those that complain about no such thing as "targeting fat in areas", look up the research on Yohimbine, rather than complain to me about it. Like I said, I can't personally vouch for it, but the research seems to be there. And it just like the ECA stack I mentioned, it might only give a small boost to weight loss speed or results. Not a miracle supplement.

Then there are two more supplements that can be used for fat loss. One being steroidal (i think) and illegal. The other one is not fit/used for human consumption and the slighest miscalculation or wrong doing on it, resulting pretty much in death. So no point in naming those two.

And basically EVERY SINGLE fat burning or weight loss or similar supplement you see online, doesn't do anything for fat loss.
    Any single ingredient supplement, being ineffective. They may have have some general small health benefits to being supplemented. Or there might be some effect regarding triglycerides or whatever. But they don't make you lose weight. And most likely have no enhancing effect to losing weight on calorie deficit / working out.
    The majority of 'fat burning formulae' will include some or all of these: caffeine, Capsaicin / cayenne pepper, l-carnitine , cla, green tea extract, raspberry ketones, or a host of other ingredients.
    Some in america containing ephedrine.
    Caffeine is good for increased heart rate, or sometimes blood pressure. And is the sole ingredient in the supplement formulas that makes you feel anything (due to heart pumping fast / alertness)
    But if you have a tolerance to it (you regularly drink coffee or energy drinks, then it doesn't do even that.

Obviously, those containing Ephedrine, might have some enhancing effect on your results if you're already in a calorie deficit and/or working out. But Anything else, is pretty much ineffective

Thanks for the info.. I'm from India btw, we usually get the products from the dealers of renowned American brands like mpharm, muscletech, ON etc from stores and online shopping sites.
  • Elise4270
    edited June 2015
    Options

Thanks for the info, I'll certainly look into it

Good luck!

I agree, i have a bowl of oatmeal as a preworkout snack before I hit the gym. And also, could you mention the company or product name, that you tried or think is effective.

I'm certainly into some basic strength training. But i feel, all my gains are being lost because of the diet.

No particular brands. You can find supplements at your local store/pharmacy. How's your protein intake? I'd guess on lower carb its at least 70g/day.

The only thing I use are multivitamins, iron supplement, magnesium, and protein/ amino acids. I'm not in to the speciality weigh loss supplements.

I'm sure at your height and weight you look great.