Not much to lose I know.....

Options
Hi Guys,

Unlike some of you here I don't actually have much weight to lose.. I know some people would kill to be at my weight of 146lbs but I'm actually pretty disgusted at how out of shape I have let myself get in the past 2 years...

For the 1st time since graduating uni 2 years ago I stood on a set of scales. This was back at the start of March and was shocked that I was 11 stone (154lbs). I had always been so active as a student that now I was working, and had spent a really bad winter getting lifts to and from work, I was less active than before.

I'm getting married later this year and would love to be back to my pre-graduation weight of 130lbs by then... I have until the end of October to do it....

I know I don't have as much of a journey ahead of me as some folks but I am determined to get my body back to being mine...

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much the same as you, i am getting married soon too, I have gained almost 30 lbs in 2 years and I just want to get back to feeling healthy, sexy, and back to where I feel comfortable. :) Good luck with your journey.
  • red4560
    red4560 Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm in the same postion you are in! I don't have to lose much but I want to lose it! Lets cheer each other on!
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar position. Want my old body back for the summer months. Have really let myself go over the last year or so. I've found this site so helpful and motivational, I hope you find the same.

Feel free to friend me :) x
  • taranj21
    taranj21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i'm in the same boat.
    i just don't feel comfortable in my own body anymore,
    i have really let myself go in the last 3 years.

i will friend you!
  • crazycranberry
    crazycranberry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Snap!
    I don't think it matters what you weigh or how much you want to lose. Its about how you feel about yourself!
    Some people are more muscle and not much fat and therefore might look slimmer than me but they weigh more on the scales.
    I definately think you need to feel comfortable in your own body and as long as you are being healthy about weightloss and don't get into extremes, then it is your decision on what your goal weight should be.

Good luck to everyone on their personal journey!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Jen1499
    Jen1499 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am in the same position. I gained about 30 lbs. I have since lost about 15 lbs since January, started body by Vi about a month ago and added exercise back into my life. I fit into my dress today, but would like it to fit more comfortably. Good luck to you all on your journey!
  • kashe8
    kashe8 Posts: 23
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding! How exciting! and a great motivator! I think this is a great place to be for support and encouragement and I just joined! Best of Luck to you!
  • Kristinemillar
    Options
    One thing that has made this much easier is that my fiance has joined me in losing weight. We both use the app and it really does make a difference to the choices we have made about meals etc.

I just hope he doesn't lose too much weight or his Kilt won't fit him come October!!
  • MisstoMrs2012
    Options
    Hi, am kinda of in the same boat as you, i'll add you if you like, we can do this together, i need to loose a bit of weight but also need to tone up, get more energy and get fit and healthy before my wedding next June!!
  • helenr32
    helenr32 Posts: 15
    Options
    Me too!!! I'm fundamentally happy with myself but despise the "lumpy" bits - particularly my thighs which is where all my weight seems to sit.

However, I've found this site so supportive and really motivating and I've lost 3 lbs already. It's slow going but I'm getting there.

Feel free to add me as a friend :D
  • emmarose1990
    Options
    Hi!

Isn't it great that everyone on here understands this - that it's more how you feel in yourself rather than the numbers on the scale!

I'm the same - I'm at my 'heaviest' right now, and I'd just like to feel happy in myself again!

Good luck everyone :) xx