Options
2»

Replies

• bilsonmandela
    bilsonmandela Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Hello, my aim is to loose a stone in a month for my brothers wedding. Iv done it before in the past and I realise it's only a quick fix. What is the best thing to snack on through out the day as I'm a grazer and love snacking! Thank you

How long have you known your brother was getting married?

If you just learned it, then just start eating at a calorie deficit and lose a few, that's it. 14 pounds in a month won't happen.

If you've known about his wedding for a while but you are just now deciding to lose weight....still is not happening. Planning always works better than quick fixes.

Have fun at your brother's wedding. :)

THIS, is why you're my friend!

Iv known about it for a while but have been busy and just couldn't be arsed in all honesty hahah ! Already lost 4 lbs in 3 days so I'm gonna keep up with what I'm doing hahah thanks guys
    I like hummus to spice up veggies, salsa and scrambled eggs, mustard is an easy way to add some flavor... I also like sweet and spicy tuna packets with either crackers or cucumber slices.

I agree that 14 is a lot to lose in a month, but workout and stick to 1500 a month and you'll get closer to where you want to be. I tried to crash diet for my friend's wedding last year because I waited too long to do it the right way--it did not work.

Thank you
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    dill pickles. Crunchy, salty and low calorie.
  • BeautifulLoser1985
    BeautifulLoser1985 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I second dill pickles. Also salsa on anything.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Does it matter what the scale says?

If you want to drop 14lbs of scale weight in a month it's pretty easy to do .. what with water weight manipulations .. low carb, low sodium will get you very close in a few weeks

Will it change the way you look? Doubtful

Will losing weight quickly result in losing more of your muscle than you need to? Most probably

In the next 4 weeks you could hit the gym 3 times a week and follow a progressive lifting programme, move more on the other days, take a rest day, eat at a decent calorie defecit and probably look a whole lot better than by losing 14lbs on the scale

The number on the scale doesn't really matter. What you gonna do? Take a picture of your scale weight and show it to people at the wedding?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Just to add .. I went to a wedding 3 weeks ago

I started losing weight and getting active and lifting June last year

And a year in, cos that time rolls around whether you're doing something about your weight or not, I wasn't in panic mode .. I was 3 months into maintenance and you know what ... it felt frickin' awesome

So yes there's this wedding in a month

What about the next event and the next
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Wasabi peas
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You are 18. Your goal is dangerous, especially at your age.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Id forget the 14lbs and get moving. I did 30 day shred and In 1 month I lost 2lbs but 6 inches. This is best for health.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    vinerie wrote: »
    Wasabi peas

Love those.

I like fruit too.

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    vinerie wrote: »
    Wasabi peas

Love those.

I like fruit too.

Peas ARE fruit.
  • Dawn410
    Dawn410 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I like to slice an english cucumber thin and put salt and garlic powder on it. Gives a salty crunch like a chip without the calories.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    tKxxBjK.png
  • jaketaylor1391
    jaketaylor1391 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Apple, strawberries
  • bilsonmandela
    Options
    Thanks guys !
  • bilsonmandela
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Just to add .. I went to a wedding 3 weeks ago

I started losing weight and getting active and lifting June last year

And a year in, cos that time rolls around whether you're doing something about your weight or not, I wasn't in panic mode .. I was 3 months into maintenance and you know what ... it felt frickin' awesome

So yes there's this wedding in a month

What about the next event and the next

I wanted to get started and I have done ! There's no way I'm stopping now until I have a mega six pack and feel super healthy !