Losing weight in 2 months

Options
So I go back to my dorm at the end of August. I gained 30 pounds my first year of college so I've been working this summer on getting rid of it. So far I've lost 5-10 pounds. I'm starting a new exercise regimen that I enjoy and it is brisk walking. I do it for about an hour and a half daily. I have no problem keeping up with this routine. I also eat a relatively healthy diet (no fast food, all cooked meals). Every once in awhile I have a splurge meal which has helped me stay on track. Anyways my main question is, with this new exercise regimen about how much weight will I lose in 2 months? By no means am I going to stop when I start classes again, I would just like to get a decent head start on getting fit again. I am currently a 175 pounds. My final goal weight is 135. By the end of August I would like to weight anywhere from 150 to 160. I know it sounds like a lot of weight, but my body tends to shed pounds fairly quickly. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks. (:

Replies

• lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    How many calories are you eating each day?

ETA with the amount of weight you have left I would say you could healthily lose a maximum of 15lbs in that time. But it will depend on how accurate your logging is.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Its going to come down to calories. How much are you eating daily ?are you using a food scale ? Are you logging accurately? How much are you burning on your walks ?how are you calculating that ?(its going to come down to the numbers.not what foods you eat or what exercise you enjoy. ) eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight.
  • apeyboo
    apeyboo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm eating approximately 1200 calories a day and burning about 800 calories from exercise.
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    apeyboo wrote: »
    I'm eating approximately 1200 calories a day and burning about 800 calories from exercise.

How are you calculating both of those numbers? Are you using a food scale for everything you consume? Are you using a hrm for your walks ?

My disclaimer~ if your truly only netting 400per day thats extremely too low. But its your body do what you want with it. But imo. Thats just too low.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Are you saying you burn 800 calories walking for 90 mins? That sounds very, very high. Are you eating back those calories?
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    If you are actually netting 400 calories a day (what you eat minus what you exercise--and those numbers are accurate) you will not be able to keep up with your routine as that's not enough energy for your body to maintain itself.

Please take care of yourself! :smile:
  • zoeysasha37
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Are you saying you burn 800 calories walking for 90 mins? That sounds very, very high. Are you eating back those calories?

I thought the same thing. For 90mins walking i barely burn anything. Im wondering if shes over estimating calories burnt and possibly under estimating calories eaten . Her post mentions nothing about food scale
  • apeyboo
    Options
    I use this app to calculate approximately how many calories I consume daily. I do calorie counting. Also I walk at an incline on my treadmill. As I said those were approximate estimations. The numbers may be a tad bit higher, or a tad bit lower. It's just an approximation of how much I consume and burn daily.
  • scarlet67
    scarlet67 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    map estimates that amount. .I always halve it. ...much over estimated. .

• scarlet67
    scarlet67 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Mfp* sorry !!
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I use this app to calculate approximately how many calories I consume daily. I do calorie counting. Also I walk at an incline on my treadmill. As I said those were approximate estimations. The numbers may be a tad bit higher, or a tad bit lower. It's just an approximation of how much I consume and burn daily.

In order to have any real idea of how much weight you'll lose in 2 months, you'd need to be more accurate with your logging. If you're guessing your calories in and calories out, how much you'd lose in any length of time is similarly a guess. You may lose the amount you want, you may lose more, you may lose less.

In order to maximise the effectiveness of mfp/calorie counting, one needs to be as accurate as possible with the data one is using, which means weighing solid food and measuring liquids. And those exercise calories are huge - I don't even burn that much with 1.5 hours of high impact training.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Unfortunatly the word tad is not appropriate here

90 mins walking on an incline on a treadmill is not an 800 calorie burn .. try eating back half of them and then readjust when you have 6-8 weeks data

Logging by estimates will not give you as accurate as possible calorie count but if you're aiming as low as 1200 then you probably have quite a bit of scope

best advice would be, if you don't want to get more exact, keep doing what you're doing .. aim for around 1% of your bodyweight loss per week (so at 175lbs you'd be aiming for around 1.5lbs per week) and if it turns out over 5-8 weeks that you are averaging a higher loss per week, eat more

Hope that helps
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    40 pounds in two months, is not realistic. Additionally, netting 400 calories is unhealthy. MFP is designed to eat back exercise calories. Most would eat back a portion, as they tend to be overestimated.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Seems like .5 to 1.5 pounds a week over time is a realistic goal. You may have an initial 2 weeks were you lose weight quicker. Don't be discouraged in 8 weeks you will lose a noticeable amount and be super glad you did it.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    This is the same idea that you put up a month ago and were told was unhealthy then.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/32566799

Extremely low net calories and your crash plan weren't a good idea in May ... they aren't a good idea now ... they won't be a good idea in the future. Your method of loss shows some potentially disordered approaches to weight management.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Please expect your free gift of a damaged metabolism to arrive shortly. :(

Please start taking in some more calories.....it kinda helps with the whole living thing :/
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Just no. You fail to understand sufficient how weight loss and acyrate calorie counting works, wich means your burns and your expectations are way out. This is what everyone is pointing to.
    In very basic terms how will you create 30x 3500 worth of calories for the needed deficit in 2 months? Thats c 12,000 a week. I think you need to lower your epecations down to c 10lbs.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Aren't you the girl who wanted to eat 1,000 calories a day and workout for an hour if you go over it?

Why are you looking for more validation? We all told you it was a bad idea and against the Community Guidelines if anyone here told you it was a good idea.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    This is the same idea that you put up a month ago and were told was unhealthy then.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/32566799

Extremely low net calories and your crash plan weren't a good idea in May ... they aren't a good idea now ... they won't be a good idea in the future. Your method of loss shows some potentially disordered approaches to weight management.

QFT!
  • apeyboo
    Options
    Like I said before it is an approximation. I'm not looking for criticism. I honestly don't care if you think I can do it or not. I was just wondering about how much weight I would lose in 2 months from exercising and eating better. I'm not looking to lose 40 pounds in 2 months so whoever said that obviously didn't read what I said. I'm pretty sure this board is for support and from what I can tell is yall are all very discouraging and not very motivating. Thanks anyway though.