Weekend splurges!

Options
I have been on MFP for 45 days now and have consistently lost 1-1.5lbs a week while allowing myself to go over about 1000 calls combined on Friday/Sat/Sunday and staying within my 1,200 cal goal during the week (Friday's are May weigh in day) every time I weigh in on Friday I tell myself if only I behave on the weekends I could probably loose 1.5-2lbs a week on average....but I'm happy with my flexible dieting. Can anyone else share similar experiences or ways of dieting?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    When I'm in a deficit, I set my weekly goal to about 1500, that gives me room to eat well above maintenance on Saturday and still lose .5 lbs per week.

I do the same in maintenance-shave off about 100 calories per day (I do put a little more thought on this, depending on my training/recovery needs), and then I can eat 2500--3000 calories one day.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    A lot of people use a weekly total, rather than a daily.
  • smontes16
    smontes16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just by adding up calories through the week?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    smontes16 wrote: »
    Just by adding up calories through the week?

that would be what a weekly total is.... lol
  • Fivefarthings
    Fivefarthings Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have just started using this and sticking to my daily cal limit however a person would go mad being 'good' all the time so an indulgence I think is good for you! (Also you hear a lot of people talking about 'cheat days' where they eat want they want and then diet the rest of the time, there is some suggestion that it kick starts your metabolism again into fat burning after a cheat day). Why not try just having one day a week instead of the entire weekend? My other half and I have agreed to have only one day a week where we eat whatever and drink, and it really helps knows that you have a treat day coming up, it really focused me the rest of the time!