anyone tried shakeology?

Options
marirey82
marirey82 Posts: 14 Member
So I am trying shakeology but it has made me feel weird. I just wanted to see if this is a detox phase or its just not working well with my body. Thank you.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    It's a waste of money.
  • chelsealamarand
    chelsealamarand Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try the nutri bullet instead.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Stop drinking it. If you haven't already paid for it, don't buy it. If you've already bought it, shame the moron who sold it to you for duping you into giving them your hard-earned money.

Eat food. Less than you burn. Move more. That's all you need.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Its low quality~ high priced junk.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've tried both the regular Shakeology and the Vegan flavors. The regular Shakeology not only gave me very bad stomach pains but it took my appetite away as well. So I switched to Vegan at the advice of my coworkers who are drinking it. It seemed ok at first. However, after about the 4'th packet I noticed that I had a lot of GI distress the rest of the day after drinking it. Believing it had something to do with the Pea protein mixed with who knows what other ingredients, I decided to try a Brown rice Protein only which is something that Shakeology doesn't offer.
    I've been using Sunwarrior Clasic brown Rice Protein powder for a few days now and so far it is the best low GI protein that I've had. Not only does it have the same if not more protein in it. It is also about half the price of Shakeology.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Waste of money. Nothing in your body needs to be "detoxed", your kidneys and liver do that for you already--for free.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Most people here will say (as you have seen) that it's a waste of money, but that's entirely up to you. Try it for a month and see if you like it. While I understand that it isn't necessary for weight loss nor the save-all hero for your health that it is often purported to be, I use it every other day because it contains pre- and probiotics that help keep me going, if you catch my meaning. Yes, I've tried other forms of probiotics but whatever the combination is in Shakeology is what works for me. I make stuff with it, though, like pancakes and chocolate mousse (I only use the chocolate flavor) rather than just make shakes all the time. Decide for yourself.
  • sbbn
    sbbn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    But the models on their website look so happy!

Seriously, though, if you are looking to replace ONE meal (you should still consume real food) with a shake, try something like Raw Meal or Vega One. The taste leaves a lot to be desired but I haven't found any other supplement that is as high in protein/nutrients and leaves me feeling full and energetic for hours without sugar crashes. The reason why these don't really taste great is because they aren't adding sugar or artificial flavors. They are made for your body, not your tastebuds. A lot of supplements are high in sugar and toss in some vitamins to make you feel better about what you are consuming but are a waste of money and not that good for you, as everyone else in this thread has pointed out.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Equus5374 wrote: »
    Most people here will say (as you have seen) that it's a waste of money, but that's entirely up to you. Try it for a month and see if you like it. While I understand that it isn't necessary for weight loss nor the save-all hero for your health that it is often purported to be, I use it every other day because it contains pre- and probiotics that help keep me going, if you catch my meaning. Yes, I've tried other forms of probiotics but whatever the combination is in Shakeology is what works for me. I make stuff with it, though, like pancakes and chocolate mousse (I only use the chocolate flavor) rather than just make shakes all the time. Decide for yourself.

The OP has already tried Shako and stated that it is making him/her feel weird. There are many other shakes out there that compare with Shako that also contain pre and probiotics that are much cheaper. Shakology only uses this as a marketing scheme to sell their expensive product. I fell for all their marketing tactics. Luckily my GI system couldn't handle it which saves me money in the long run.
  • fat2fitvegan
    fat2fitvegan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    sbbn wrote: »
    But the models on their website look so happy!

Seriously, though, if you are looking to replace ONE meal (you should still consume real food) with a shake, try something like Raw Meal or Vega One. The taste leaves a lot to be desired but I haven't found any other supplement that is as high in protein/nutrients and leaves me feeling full and energetic for hours without sugar crashes. The reason why these don't really taste great is because they aren't adding sugar or artificial flavors. They are made for your body, not your tastebuds. A lot of supplements are high in sugar and toss in some vitamins to make you feel better about what you are consuming but are a waste of money and not that good for you, as everyone else in this thread has pointed out.

I can vouch for Raw Meal working well. It's my favorite meal replacement and the taste gets better over time. Raw Meal is also much cheaper than Shakeology and has twice the protein, with a better ingredients list. If you are going to drink a meal replacement shake, at least get something better than Shakeology and your wallet will thank you.

http://www.altprotein.com/shakeology-alternatives-3-excellent-shakeology-substitute-supplements/
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

There are many cheaper probiotic supplements on the market. That's just not a very good argument in favor of Shakeology.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    If it's makes you feel weird stop taking it.

There is no such thing as a detox. Your kidneys and liver already do that for you.
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I tried it for about a month it just never helped my appetite at all, I was always hungry again within an hour and found oatmeal to hold me over better. Never had any "weird" detox feelings thou
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options

There are many cheaper probiotic supplements on the market. That's just not a very good argument in favor of Shakeology.

Try actually reading a post before knocking it. I said I have tried other pre- and probiotics and Shakeology works better FOR ME. What's it to you if it does or doesn't? Geez louise...
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I like Shakeology chocolate flavor very much. I got to try it for free from a friend. The first few days it made me feel weird but it wore off and then I felt awesome. I stopped drinking it only because of the price. I now use GNC Puredge or GNC Lean 25... both are really good but don't give me that "awesome" feeling shakeology did but they are more affordable. I also tried Vega One and that one made me sick.
  • jfatheree78
    jfatheree78 Posts: 78 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I used to drink shakeology and I liked it. I remember my body going through an adjustment period for about a week after starting it, but I'm not sure if it was the shake, or me giving up the bad fast food breakfast habit. It did give me good energy and it was convenient for my busy, on the go life. The only reason I stopped was because of the price. $130.00/mo is expensive. I have not tried any of the other suggested protein/meal replacement shakes because I went back to bad habits after I stopped the shakeology, but there are much less expensive options out there and I am looking into some.
    As a side note - I remember when I was drinking it before I heard a lot of the same negative "eat real food" "it's a scam" comments. I had to tune those Negative Nellies out because I knew how I felt while drinking the shake, and I felt good. If you don't feel good, and it's not helping then don't drink it, but if you get passed this weird feeling you are experiencing and see benefits then you have to determine if it's worth the price, and only you can decided that. Good luck.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Eileen_S wrote: »
    I've tried both the regular Shakeology and the Vegan flavors. The regular Shakeology not only gave me very bad stomach pains but it took my appetite away as well. So I switched to Vegan at the advice of my coworkers who are drinking it. It seemed ok at first. However, after about the 4'th packet I noticed that I had a lot of GI distress the rest of the day after drinking it. Believing it had something to do with the Pea protein mixed with who knows what other ingredients, I decided to try a Brown rice Protein only which is something that Shakeology doesn't offer.
    I've been using Sunwarrior Clasic brown Rice Protein powder for a few days now and so far it is the best low GI protein that I've had. Not only does it have the same if not more protein in it. It is also about half the price of Shakeology.

i actually use a brown rice protien powder as well. I use the nutrabiotic brand, in vanilla flavor. No complaints!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    added- check out amazon, lots of inexpensive protien powders with long lists of reviews. I bought the one I am using based on price and taste. I have some annoying stomach issues, and the rice protien powder doesnt upset my stomach at all.
  • marirey82
    marirey82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ty. I know :( I'm just heating all this great stuff and there I go but I'm sticking to eating and tracking. I deal with anixety issues uh! Hate it so I thought oh all this herbal stuff should be good for me but ummm no.