15 lbs in 3 weeks? Possible?

Options
I know its crazy and not the healthiest amount of time to lose weight in but, I am desperate. I am going to a reunion and need to lose 15 lbs in 3 weeks, I am not planning on keeping it that way after and hope to get to a healthier lifestyle afterwards but, this is just a short-term quick fix. Does any one have any tips or recommendations for diets or workouts they recommend? My stats are: 21 years old - 5'5 and 162 lbs.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    At your height and weight, it is highly unlikely that you will lose 15 pounds in 3 weeks. When you first start weight loss you will generally have a bigger than average the first few weeks due to water loss but it's not going to be near 15 pounds considering the fact that you are not *that* overweight.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Are you going to be weighed in?

Just eat sensibly and exercise then go and have fun

Wear spanx
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    How long have you known about this reunion?
  • sebd12
    sebd12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Confidence and clothes that fit will go a lot farther than 3 weeks of weight loss. Instead I spending money on quick fixes, go buy a fabulous new outfit.
    In the next three weeks, if you immediately start eating at the largest recommended deficit, you could lose a legitimate 6 lbs (2 per week). Add that to the water weight/bloating you can ditch by eating healthy and adding a fiber supplement if you aren't "regular" and you'll have a "visual 15 lbs" if not an actual 10-12.
    Good luck, remember, just like high school, everyone is so worried about what THEY look like, they don't really have time to notice tiny flaws in YOU.
  • Sunny1007
    Sunny1007 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Would it be possible if the reunion is in August? I said 3 weeks because I am fasting right now. And don't know how to really do weight loss while fasting. If I start now, what would be my chances?
  • sebd12
    Options
    Why and how are you fasting? When does your fast end?
    Are you willing to start exercising regularly?
  • Amerielle
    Amerielle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Are they having a weigh in? Seriously, don't be desperate. Start eating at a moderate deficit and get some exercise. Go shopping for a flattering outfit and get your hair done. Go and have a great time! You will feel so good and will have a great time seeing everyone.

Also, if this reunion is with people who would criticize you at all for a little weight, skip it and do something with people who are meaningful to you.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Just give up on the idea of losing 15 pounds before your reunion. Focus on losing weight this week. Then focus on next week. And then the week after that. Lose it for yourself and not for people who you haven't seen in years and won't see again for another 5+ years.
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone that has posted so far. Just keep on keepin' on. Exercise and eat at a healthy deficit. Drink plenty of water. You'll lose a little, but your confidence will be through the roof.
  • sebd12
    Options
    Amerielle wrote: »
    Are they having a weigh in? Seriously, don't be desperate. Start eating at a moderate deficit and get some exercise. Go shopping for a flattering outfit and get your hair done. Go and have a great time! You will feel so good and will have a great time seeing everyone.

Also, if this reunion is with people who would criticize you at all for a little weight, skip it and do something with people who are meaningful to you.

Ditto this.
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Defo possible, not easy
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It is possible for a person to lose that kind of weight, but usually they would have to be obese to start with. You are overweight, but not obese so it would be extremely difficult for you to do it. Some people are able to lose lots of weight in the short term on a low carb diet. You may want to try that. It probably won't help you lose 15 pounds, but it will help you lose a lot.
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Why are you doing this misery-inducing quick fix scheme to yourself in order to impress people you apparently don't care enough about to see them except at a reunion? Is their opinion of you being slightly overweight so important to be worth putting yourself through this? WHY???

Go enjoy the reunion and be proud of who you are and enjoy yourself. And if you are concerned about your weight/lifestyle for yourself, then start working on that in a sensible way and let your weight fall where it may.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Sunny1007 wrote: »
    I know its crazy and not the healthiest amount of time to lose weight in but, I am desperate. I am going to a reunion and need to lose 15 lbs in 3 weeks, I am not planning on keeping it that way after and hope to get to a healthier lifestyle afterwards but, this is just a short-term quick fix. Does any one have any tips or recommendations for diets or workouts they recommend? My stats are: 21 years old - 5'5 and 162 lbs.

Yes, it's crazy.

No, you can't lose 15 pounds in 3 weeks.

How long have you known about this reunion? It's always good to plan far ahead.

My advice is to start eating at calorie deficit and start your healthy lifestyle now, and go to your reunion and enjoy every minute of it.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Sunny1007 wrote: »
    Would it be possible if the reunion is in August? I said 3 weeks because I am fasting right now. And don't know how to really do weight loss while fasting. If I start now, what would be my chances?

Are you fasting for religious/spiritual reasons?

Or, are you fasting to lose weight?
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Honestly, everyone above is right. A good haircut and flattering outfit will make you look much thinner without having to starve yourself. Also stay properly hydrated and make sure not to eat foods that make you bloat and you'll be fine. Just pick things that flatter your figure - have nice legs? Wear heels and show them off. Want to hide hips or a tummy? get a flowy, high-waisted dress (maybe something v-neck or one shoulder to draw attention upward). And most importantly - smile and have fun!

Anecdotally - when I was in college I was very thin and super duper shy. My roommate was significantly overweight but incredibly confident and outgoing. Can you guess which of us was consider the glam one and had all the boyfriends? That's right, she was :)
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    TheBigFb wrote: »
    Defo possible, not easy

Actually, it's not possible.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Not going to happen. Why are you fasting?
  • Sunny1007
    Sunny1007 Posts: 29 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm fasting for spiritual reasons since its ramadan, so it doesn't end until july 18. How much would I be able to lose though at a calorie deficit by August?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    totally not possible, and not safe.

If you got aggressive you could lose two pounds a week and probably drop six. However, maybe you should put yourself on a long term sustainable path where you don't have to crash diet for "events" and you can be at a healthy weight year long.