Options
2»

Replies

• momthenurse
    momthenurse Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great advice!
    earlnabby wrote: »
    The best advice I was given when I started was to remember that you are not making a big change in your life, you are making a series of small changes. Change one thing, make it a habit, add on another, make that one a habit, etc., always building on what you have already changed.

How you do this depends on you. I had a lot to lose so I started by eating regular meals of nutrient dense foods. I didn't weigh, measure, count, or anything. I wanted to get into the habit of eating regularly and eating better quality foods. Then I started counting calories and logging. Then I started counting macros in addition to calories. Next was to start exercising. I took a water aerobics class 3 x a week. Then I added short walks on the off days. Then I added walks every day, and started going for longer distances. Later, I added in lap swimming.

@Commander_Keen has the same idea, just a different way of making those small changes. Whatever works for you.

• momthenurse
    momthenurse Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great advice!
    earlnabby wrote: »
    The best advice I was given when I started was to remember that you are not making a big change in your life, you are making a series of small changes. Change one thing, make it a habit, add on another, make that one a habit, etc., always building on what you have already changed.

How you do this depends on you. I had a lot to lose so I started by eating regular meals of nutrient dense foods. I didn't weigh, measure, count, or anything. I wanted to get into the habit of eating regularly and eating better quality foods. Then I started counting calories and logging. Then I started counting macros in addition to calories. Next was to start exercising. I took a water aerobics class 3 x a week. Then I added short walks on the off days. Then I added walks every day, and started going for longer distances. Later, I added in lap swimming.

@Commander_Keen has the same idea, just a different way of making those small changes. Whatever works for you.