Lean face with muscular body

Options
hey!
I made an account for this a while ago but never used it. Now, after I put on some muscle, I was looking for some tips on how to lean out my face while keeping all my gained muscle. I was around 145 two years ago and played lots of tennis. I still played collegiate tennis this year, but focused more on body building. I reached 190 lbs and my cheeks got bigger and lost a lot of definition. Any advice on how I should sculpt my macros and diet? I really look to get back to having me a lean face and a nice smile. Thanks again
JP

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The only thing that you can do is further reduce your BF %, which you would need to eat at a deficit to accomplish. Your body is genetically predispositioned to store fat in certain areas, and this will affect where fat will come off during a cut and when. If you eat at a mild deficit, get adequate protein and lift weights, you should be able to lean out further and retain as much muscle mass as possible. If your body is genetically inclined to store more fat in your face, or if it's just the way that your face is shaped, there may not be that much you can do about it (barring plastic surgery).

That being said, your face looks pretty lean in your profile picture. :smile:
  • jparis14
    jparis14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @Alyssa_Is_LosingIt thanks for the reply! Means a lot
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Your face looks great in your pic.
  • jparis14
    Options
    @Liftng4Lis wow much appreciated! (Just changed my pic) you have some nice muscle in yours!
    Back when I was 140 lbs though, you could almost see my jaw line and my smile looked great. After I put on 40-50 lbs, however, I became much more round. Now I am trying to get my face that lean again but I having a very hard time. Even after doing lots of cardio and changing my diet, I still can't reach the leanness of my face 3 years ago. That is why I downloaded this app and I posted here looking for advice from people with experience.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Lower your bodyfat to reduce the effects of "moon face".
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    jparis14 wrote: »
    @Liftng4Lis wow much appreciated! (Just changed my pic) you have some nice muscle in yours!
    Back when I was 140 lbs though, you could almost see my jaw line and my smile looked great. After I put on 40-50 lbs, however, I became much more round. Now I am trying to get my face that lean again but I having a very hard time. Even after doing lots of cardio and changing my diet, I still can't reach the leanness of my face 3 years ago. That is why I downloaded this app and I posted here looking for advice from people with experience.

I hate to break this to you but 3 years ago you were only 16 - your jawline and face shape will change as you grow into adulthood

You aren't going to look the same

Get to a decent BF%, which judging by your profile you are very close and rock it
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options

The only way is to cut more.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

I hate to break this to you but 3 years ago you were only 16 - your jawline and face shape will change as you grow into adulthood

You aren't going to look the same

Get to a decent BF%, which judging by your profile you are very close and rock it

all of this
  • jparis14
    Options
    @rabbitjb cool thanks for the response!
    I agree with that but that leads me to another question. Assuming you know about this stuff, if I were to continue to put on muscle then "cut" and go to a low body fat through out the course of my life, would the fat distribution ever change when I put on weight? Or will it continue to compile in my face, under my belly button, ect. ?

The reason I asked is I heard the more your cycle through bulking and cutting the better fat distribution you will obtain.
    Thanks again
  • jparis14
    Options
    @trigden1991 @travistocktoad Thanks for the replies
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    @rabbitjb cool thanks for the response!
    I agree with that but that leads me to another question. Assuming you know about this stuff, if I were to continue to put on muscle then "cut" and go to a low body fat through out the course of my life, would the fat distribution ever change when I put on weight? Or will it continue to compile in my face, under my belly button, ect. ?

The reason I asked is I heard the more your cycle through bulking and cutting the better fat distribution you will obtain.
    Thanks again

I don't know ..it's down to genetics where you store your fat and down to your determination how you body recomp

I don't think there's an awful lot you can do with your face though ..but I would say that your face is going to mature and change over the next few years..and you have a very nice face