Going over Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    That 3 lbs is water weight. Eat right and drink lots of water and it will come off. I ususally go by a weekly average for my calories.
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I will come over and eat the rest of the pizza for you. to help you out :) but you messed up yesterday, I just start over. today is a new day get your 1200 calories in. if you feel real bad about eating the pizza do a workout. but dont under eat today.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Question is there enough pizza left over for cold pizza for breakfast? :) Dont worry. Try to get more fiber...veggies in the next few days. Protein shakes will not make a difference really. Just stick to your plan and track. At the end of the week if you are on plan and tracking...all will be good. Get some snacks to have at times when you need them.
  • lalainap19
    lalainap19 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'll mail u guys the leftovers white garlic chicken. Pizza BBQ wings and cheese sticks lol. But I'm pretty good with avoiding foods just not sweets so I tell the hubby not to bring any home.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    too much sodium will possibly make you retain water but cutting it won't help you lose fat weight
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Thats a good rule. Makes life easier if you have a hard time. I hear you on the sweets. I can take a cake down anyday. :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP have you read this thread, and others stickied at the top of the various forums?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Since you are just getting started and seem like you have a lot of questions about what your calorie goal should be and what to expect, you may want to give these a thorough read.

If you only have 35 lbs to lose as your profile indicates, then I think a 1 lb/week goal is probably an appropriate deficit for you.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    lalainap19 wrote: »
    Will cutting most sodium the next following days help it come off any faster?

It's water weight......yes, you can cut the sodium but why would you want to? The scale is ONE measure for weight loss and as you can see, it's not terribly reliable. The scale can lie to you.

Some people rely on an average of weights (take readings across several days) and not a daily weight. If the ups and downs of high sodium, time of month, hormones, etc is going to bug you then please consider using a tape measure too. Your scale may not show pounds...but your body shows inches.....thats a WIN!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    mm brownies