need to lose around 150... help.

Options
Hi my name is jackie I've been on a diet eating healthy I do some cardio and walk aloooot. Drink plenty of water and drink green teas. I started my diet on april and so far had lost 14 lbs is there anything else I can do to help me?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Eat at a reasonable deficit. Get a reasonable amount of protein, carbs, and fat. Make sure you're getting your micronutrients. Exercise if you want to. Be patient.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Manage expectations, be patient, have realistic weight loss goals.

Eat less than you burn and exercise for fitness/health.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    I prefer not to call this a "diet". It is a lifestyle change for me. I eat all the foods I love and stay in a calorie deficit. Some days we slip up and go over, but just get right back at it. Calorie deficit really does work.
    Just more about portion control. Good luck. You are in the right place. Lots of good and very smart people here.
  • jackiebodart
    jackiebodart Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank u so much im just trying to stay active too for my son... and yes I eat in smaller portions n actually get full so thats a plus ...
  • jackiebodart
    jackiebodart Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    To be honest with u guys im not too sure how carbs works or what are good and bad
  • ImitatetheSun
    ImitatetheSun Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have 140 to lose and I've made about 30 friends on here who all started just recently and have about the same to lose. There's a ton of folks on here in the same boat! You didn't mention in your opening post about whether you are actually using the MFP site/app to count calories, but I definitely recommend you give it a try. It sounds like you've tried to add things that the media says aid weight loss, like green tea (which I love too, just because it's delicious) but the most important thing you can do is subtract calories and trigger foods. Good carbs and bad carbs are at best a personal preference and at worst a myth, but to me the difference is foods I feel satisfied by (like fruit and beans and lentils and vegetables) and foods that trigger cravings that are impossible to control, like pasta and white rice. You should try to find your trigger foods and cut back to only eating them once a week or less, and start experimenting with new foods, like quinoa and tofu and rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and avocado and and roasted cauliflower. Stare at health foods blogs for inspiration and be brave and experiment. Nothing is a failure - it's all research into how your body responds to your choices. I wish you a lot of luck. Add me as a friend of you'd like more support!
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I have learned so much from others on here. Search and read this list of the best of the best discussions:

Logging Accurately..step by step guide
    Calorie Counting 101
    Small But Super Helpful Habits
    Logging accuracy, consistency, and you're probably eating more than you think.
    Starvation Mode - Adaptive Thermogenesis and Weight Loss
    The Starvation Mode Myth...again.
    Dont lose weight...
    BMR and TDEE Explained for Those Needing a Guide
    HELP !!!!!!!17 Day, Weight Watchers, Fast Metabolism, DASH or WHAT?????
    The really blunt list of things to consider when losing weight.
    In Place of a road Map: Short N' Sweet
    Looking for a detox/cleanse?
    Just Another Plateau and Weigh-In Thread
    It is unlikely that you will lose weight consistently (i.e., weight loss is not linear)
    So you want a nice stomach
    Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))
    Why Aspartame Isn't Scary
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    To be honest with u guys im not too sure how carbs works or what are good and bad

Some people here say they eat ice cream every day and lose weight. This wouldn't work for me. The more simple carbs I eat the more I want, and the less I eat the less I want.

I need to eat foods high in protein and fat in order to feel full and to stop eating.

Here's something on how carbs work: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/carbohydrates/carbohydrates-and-blood-sugar/

I feel better when I limit or avoid high glycemic load foods. YMMV. I don't look at glycemic charts or anything, I just pay attention to how I feel after eating something. I know breads made from flour are a problem for me so eat breads from brands made from sprouted flour like Alvarado St Bakery or Food for Life.

Here are tips on eating foods that make you feel full: http://www.nutrition.org.uk/healthyliving/fuller/understanding-satiety-feeling-full-after-a-meal.html