Prayer Request

Options
sitstaygimmeeakiss
sitstaygimmeeakiss Posts: 130 Member
Since I see others have posted prayer requests, I thought I'd add my own personal need here.

It's actually not for me, but for someone with whom I've grown very close to - she is in the middle of an ugly out-of-state custody battle. Her former boyfriend - controlling, abusive, the whole nine-yards - decided to take their son & filed for custody in his state. Not a unique story, sad to say - been going on for many, many months.

Tomorrow is a big day in court for her. I'll be with her - I'm sure it will last all day - and other family members are helping all they can.

Now I'd like to ask my new family here to pour on the prayers. I'm really concerned (have had more sleepless nights than ever) for the young boy's safety, and our family court system here in the US is horrible. (and pray the dilapidated car we're driving in will hold out, too!!)

I know the power of prayer from my own personal experience - please pray for the little boy & his mom. I'm leaving names out (God knows who they are!) since this is a public forum.

(edited for stupid grammar mistakes!)

Replies

• EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    praying for them! :smile:
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    :smile: Praying!!!!!!!!1
  • vartanfan71
    vartanfan71 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    prayers coming your way!
  • jk051861
    jk051861 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Custody battles can get really ugly. And it is the child who suffers the most. I have seen it with my friend. her ex told their little girl all sorts of bad things about mommy that were absolutely not true. For awhile the little girl would not see her. Fortunately, as she got a little older, she began to see things as they were, not as daddy said they were. Anyway, thoughts and prayers are with the family in this crisis.
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    Just said a prayer. Prayer truly works!!! xoxo
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Done!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Praying!
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    praying for them!
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I said a prayer for her.... Remember this scripture: Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God.“! :) It will all work out, just put it in Gods hands... Good Luck! :)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Adding my prayers.
  • Lynn1h3s
    Lynn1h3s Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My most heartfelt prayers are going out to this family.
  • ResilientWoman
    ResilientWoman Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    We just got out the anointing oil and prayed earnestly for this situation. I was the child your friend is fighting for 40 years ago. I am amazing woman today but it has been long battle. My family is praying today and we will keep on praying.
  • sitstaygimmeeakiss
    Options
    I just want to thank you all so much - I actually felt peace when I got up today. The battle might not even be finished today, but I think she's more prepared than ever.

I spent yesterday trying to prepare as much as I can to help her today - and last night we had a much needed diversion by going to movies ("Bridesmaids") and having a good laugh. Only thing I did forget was to get some food for us - hopefully we'll have time for a quick stop @ the grocery store.

I'll post more later when I return. Thanks so, so much!
  • DESIREE1210
    DESIREE1210 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Praying for them. My X did the same thing to me and he won believe it or not becuase he met someone had a home to live in with the girls and she didnt work, sat on her butt all day and could be home for the kids and I worked 10 hrs a day. By the time the case went to court they were enrolled in school and the judge didnt want to take them out. BS!!!
    My oldest fought them tooth and nail to come home with me until they finally let her go, then the youngest came 5 years later.
    Being the oldest came with me she was treated by him and his wife as an outsider so now their father is paying for the misery. My oldest disowned him. told him he was never a father and told him point blank what a *kitten* he was when she was little living with me.
  • sitstaygimmeeakiss
    Options
    I'm really exhausted, but wanted to post a check-in & thanks to all again. Very, very exhausting day - but encouraging. 'Our' lawyer (I consider myself to be such a part of this now!) is someone we just found - she had no one to represent her before this. He could not believe what we dug up - Youtube videos of his using drugs, horrible, horrible violent lyrics to music videos he sang in.... more dirt was uncovered - found out he's had a handful of drug convictions. And more... only problem (as the sad, sad thing that happened to you Desiree) is that it could end up being extended til the child gets enrolled in school.

What a nightmare! But today gave us lots of hope - however it's hard, knowing he's still there. (court ordered social services to investigate, at least).

For now, I'll ask everyone not to stop praying. If ever there was a time when I actually saw prayer in action, it was today. I won't go into details as I don't want to hurt her case (public forum & all), but she's getting help for the first time since this all started.

now... I'm going to bed... oh, I resisted buying delicious sweets (homemade, too!) at our local MidEastern grocery store. Before MFP, I wouid have considered something like this to be a reward for a hard day. Instead, I loaded my basket with delicious fruits & veggies. Yes! Best reward ever.
  • Lynn1h3s
    Lynn1h3s Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the update. I will continue to keep you all in my prayers. :flowerforyou:
  • sitstaygimmeeakiss
    Options
    Thanks, Lynn. I'm really feeling the frustration today, though. She needs help beyond what I can do for her. I'm feeling really run down - and just down, today. Haven't felt this bad for a long, long time. I'm so worried about her little boy, and so weary...
  • sitstaygimmeeakiss
    Options
    I throwing out another request - urgent - for all who pray, to pray (right now!!) and pray hard.

There is a situation that has come about that could end this nightmare fast!!!

Cannot talk about it (since, again - this is a public forum & can't take a chance w/the legal aspect) - but please, please, please MFP family - pray!!!

Hoping to post some good news soon!!