Weight gain day after workout session

Options
Hi, I'm noticing increase in weight the day after intensive workout (weight lifting session) of about 2 kgs, especially for legs workouts (deadlifts or squats). I also notice feel bloated and cloths don't fit well and become tighter around thighs and waistlines. Is it normal?

Replies

• lei82
    lei82 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This happens to me everytime I do my lower body, the weight evens out after a day or so, or when you dont feel the aches. Its just water weight cushioning your muscles.

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Water weight......I gained 4lbs after running an Olympic duathon, it`s all part of the repair process.
  • dashbeaujippers
    dashbeaujippers Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I did a 10 mile hike/obstacle course on a mountain, and I gained 2 lbs... it went away after a few days, just keep eating properly, drinking lots of water and and logging it all. ;-) you're doing great! :-D
    Friend me if u want, we'll encourage each other;-)
  • hanymamdouh
    hanymamdouh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I was so worried. @dashbeaujippers I've sent you FR
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I gain 3-5 pounds after Spartan Races. For the tougher races I starting gaining right before the race with the extra sodium and water intake. Within a week after the race I am back down with no extra effort. Of course I've been racing so much lately as soon as I'm down I start going back up again....*sigh*
  • cuppykat
    cuppykat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I took two hour long Capoeira sessions back to back and now I weigh 2 pounds more. Water weight, as others have already said; I'm just commiserating. Lol
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Water retention from sore muscles.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Water retention from sore muscles.

Right here!
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Can anyone explain how this happens? I'm curious to know. Thanks
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I always swell up about 2 pounds after an intense leg day, I avoid the scale until it evens out lol.